Need some suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

sojiaraggs9000
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
West Tx
Ok so I want more tump in my door speakers and rear speackers. They're hook up my zx350.4 amp here is what I got:

Kicker 04 SS56.2 SS-Series 5 ¼" components

* 180 watts peak power handling

* 8-90 watts RMS

* 5 ¼" Tri-Tech™ woofer cone (woven carbon-poly, Rohacell® foam, and carbon-poly backings)

* 1-3/16" Tetoron® dome tweeter

* 2-way crossover

Kicker DS693 6x9

The new 2006 model.

Features:

* 280 watts peak output (140 each)

* 140 watts RMS (70 watts RMS each)

* 3-way speakers

* pair of 6x9" car speakers

* 1/2" semi-dome tweeter

* Ferro-fluid cooled tweeter voice coil

* Frequency response: 30-21,000 Hz

* Sensitivity: 92dB

I want to hook up all 4 to 1 amp. The Current zx350.4 amp makes the speackers loud but I dont get any thump. Ilisten to my moms factory mach audio setup in here mustang and imo it totaly blew my door/rear speakers away. Any have any suggestions on a new amp and or better door/rear speakers.

Here are a few pics of the speakers.

Kicker door Componets :

index.php

Kicker door tweeter in a mach audio pod:

index.php

kicker rear speakers:

db6b_1.JPG

OH Yeah.... my head unit is a Eclipse CD5000 In-dash Headunit. Yeah Im fixing up a 05 Taurus ... So sue me lol.

Seal up your doors with some deadener. You want the door itself to act as an enclosure. All the holes in the door skin are making the speaker react as in a free air environment. Seal up the doors and you should see alot better results.

Yep, try some deadener. For a real bargain on some excellent deadener, hook yourself up with some RAAMmat BXT. You can get 62.5 sq-ft roll for around $135 shipped, which will be enough to do both front door, the areas around the rear speakers, and even some critical areas in he trunk region.

Install would help, but if you don't have a sub, you are wasting your time.
2 Kicker S12L7's running on a T10001bd mono amp enough sub for you?

pict0166hu1.jpg

ampjd7.jpg

The truck has dynamat in it ... Never got around to dynamating the doors tho even tho I wanted to. So my my zx350.4 amp is good for the components, and 6x9 setup I have?

Good enough for me? The question is, is it good enough for you? But I digest....

Some things you can try:

1) anything you can do to better the install... damping, better speaker placement, tunning, etc.

2) If your high-pass on the amp goes low enough, turn it down to around 60HZ... if the speakers can handle it, they might give you more midbass.

3) If the speakers can't handle it... try orion HCCA 6.2... there are always compromises with speaker design... some speakers are made for better midrange, some place the emphasis on midbass.

4) Try switching the phase on one side... neg. speaker to pos. amp, pos. speaker terminal to neg. amp input. Work with one set of speakers at a time (front or rear).

5) try sealing up that rectangular port in the woofer box, see how that sounds... typically, ported and bandpass boxes tend to be boomier... sealed boxes tend to give tighter bass. It might not be as loud... but that can be fixed with more power and /or better subs (if necessary). I won't run ported or bandpass boxes myself... something always seems to be missing. I would try this step first, might be your problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.