Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

i talked to the optima sale reps and she said that the side post can be use but cant exceed more than 300 amp to the side post.

i read on scionlife.com and this guy said that having bigger than 4awg from stock alt to battery positive is "overkill"... is that true or 0awg will do just fine with stock alt?

I'm a performance enthusiast so I would like to know if this will increase horsepower in your car. That makes sense to me since it causes the electrical system to run more efficiently but I would like some opinions on it. I'm thinking maybe a 5-10 hp gain to the wheels but what do you think?

I'm a performance enthusiast so I would like to know if this will increase horsepower in your car. That makes sense to me since it causes the electrical system to run more efficiently but I would like some opinions on it. I'm thinking maybe a 5-10 hp gain to the wheels but what do you think?
Unless your charging system is functioning improperly, you will most likely not yield a noticable gain from this modification.

I can't find an engine block to chassis connection for my car. Would it hurt anything if I created one? I've got a good place on the chassis and on the engine block. I finally found the battery negative to ground and the alternator positive to battery positive so this is the only one I am lacking.

quick ? im gettin ready to do thsi today and the battery neg to chasis my car right now has a wire going to the battery neg and ther are lots of wires bundled up to it. do i disconect that and run my own bat neg to chasis or what?

quick ? im gettin ready to do thsi today and the battery neg to chasis my car right now has a wire going to the battery neg and ther are lots of wires bundled up to it. do i disconect that and run my own bat neg to chasis or what?
Just add another wire to supplement the existing wire(s).

question regarding the chassis to engine block connection. the stock electrical in my '99 saturn sl1 had two connections from the negative terminal: 1 to the chassis and one to the engine block. i upgraded both of those 8awg stocks with 4awg knu kollosal. this being said, is it necessary to create a seperate chassis-engine block connection?

thanks

question regarding the chassis to engine block connection. the stock electrical in my '99 saturn sl1 had two connections from the negative terminal: 1 to the chassis and one to the engine block. i upgraded both of those 8awg stocks with 4awg knu kollosal. this being said, is it necessary to create a seperate chassis-engine block connection?
thanks
Not necessary, but it would not hurt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...