Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

when doing the big 3 with 0 ga wire. the ring connecters i am gona use are 5/16 will that fit along with my stock terminals. i dont know the size i used for my 4 ga i think its 5/16. and how would that connect to my alt?

when doing the big 3 with 0 ga wire. the ring connecters i am gona use are 5/16 will that fit along with my stock terminals. i dont know the size i used for my 4 ga i think its 5/16. and how would that connect to my alt?
I'm not sure exactly what your trying to ask, but I'll try to answer anyways.

Whether the terminals will fit your stock posts or not depends on the year make and model, maybe even the battery of your car.

To connect to the alt, you should put a ring terminal on the wire, unscrew the bolt on the + to your alternator (this is where your current stock + wire will be going) and add in the new wire, then run that to your battery positive.

Here is my delima, the alt is hidden badly, but before the wire gets to the balt it goes into the fuse block. Do i bypass it, or what?

big3001.jpg

big3002.jpg

what about if u have a side post battery do they have it to where it fits i remember it was a ***** to get 4 gauge wire to fit on with the reg battery wire on my grandprix with side posts

what about if u have a side post battery do they have it to where it fits i remember it was a ***** to get 4 gauge wire to fit on with the reg battery wire on my grandprix with side posts
get new battery terminals. on my side post on my grand prix i had to get new ones that accept ring terminals. i got them at a local parts store for like 4 dollars.

Hows does him saying it wont work have ot do with him telling me what to do. When it comes to stuff i worked hard for i do what i want.
i think he thought you were replying to my post about remove the stock wiring. but yes it does do something to do the big three. if you look the wire they have running to the alternator it is like 8 gauge wire. if it did not do anything we would not all spend money on doing it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...