only company to have a perfect score in SQL?

I personally havent heard Oz audio in a LONG time, but i recently bought a set of Adire audio Kodas and i was floored by how amazing they sound. I have a small honda Del Sol (with the target top //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif ), and the tweeters are in the upper section of the door with the kodas in the stock location. Powered by a Kicker KX 300.2 (75wx2), these things get loud enough to overcome 80mph driving with the top off and windows down.

The best part though, is that i dont have them eq'd at all, and they sound increadable. The highs are not harsh at loud volumes like my Kicker Resolution set was. The kickers i had to turn down the higher end (16khz) -3db AND have the xover set at the -3db attentiun level.

they sound totally natural from very soft to as loud as i can play them.

The low end though is a little lacking because my door panels are full of huge holes. i plan on sealing them up so they are in a small box. plus i still think that they are out of phase :|

I have heard a set of kodas off of a pg amp and the midbass is amazing, the tweeter sounds and the midrange is uuuhhhh lacking. If your looking for spearks with good bass they're great. But if you are adding a sub I would recommned other speakers.

I like the midrange sound of the Kodas far better than the sound of the kickers that i had and they blend in fine with the 10W3 that i have not more than 13" from my head (subs behind the seat).

my boss told me that OZ Audio was the only company to hit a perfect score in SQL. Is this true?
Depends more on the install and tuning than on the speakers. Poorly installed excellent speakers can easily sound worse than excellently installed average speakers. If you are going to take the time to do a proper install, get the good speakers. If you are just going to drop them in the factory locations and cal it a day, then save the money because it will be a waste of good components IMHO.

I remember that Oz was used in the first install to score a perfest 40 on the RTA under the old IASCA rules. I'm sure it's been done again since. The install was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. It was in a Pontiac LeMans POS. The front seats were removed and the steering column, pedals and shifter were rearranged so the car was driven from the back seat. The gauges were custom and mounted in the roof and side. The dash was entirely removed and two pairs of Protech mids and a pair of protech tweets were mounted along each front door jamb facing the seats. There were a total of 4 EQTs and a complex switching network so that one EQT was used for RTA (keep in mind that these are single channel EQs), one was used for SPL and the other two were used as a stereo pair (as the EQTs were desiged to be used) for SQ. The amp were all Soundstream Reference Class A's and were mounted under glass in the original front seat footwells. Six 10's (Oz also) were installed inverted in the hatch. A pair of Oz tweets were used for rear fill. It wouldn't have been quite so bad is they had used some vinyl or fiberglass in the install (still ridiculous but not nearly as ugly) but the whole thing was done in beige tweed. It looked like a cheap sofa. The whole goal of the design of the system was to get the pathlengths from the left and right speakers to the listener's ears as close as possible to the same length. They got them within 6". The result was minimal cancellation of frequencies due to phasing issues.

Bottom line, the install matters as much if not more than the drivers used.

Koda's can hang with any speaker out there, you just need the skills and knowledge to do so. As helotaxi mentioned, installation and EQing ability are paramount when you are competing.

Insulation is definitely a good idea, as is Infinity, Infinity has a sick component set up. Ive heard alot, i would prefer them over many others. Set yourself up with some tweets, mids and highs aud u definitely have yourself a bad ass SQ set up,.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

brandonloserkid

10+ year member
audiophile
brandonloserkid
spring hill, fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date