Only one speaker working

JJ Clegg

CarAudio.com Newbie
Having a issue today it seems my amp is only pushing power to one of my door speakers I tested the amp and all four channels work but only on one speaker so I bought new speakers and still can’t get any audio out of them so changed amps thinking maybe the amp is not giving enough power for them still nothing not sure what to do on this one any help would be appreciated

Check to make sure the RCA on the headunit is plugged in all the way and make sure you don't accidentally have the channels bridged by mistake.

Regardless of whether the "power rating" matches the amp or not, the amp will still push the speakers just won't get them to their full potential

Last edited:
all four channels work but only on one speaker so I bought new speakers and still can’t get any audio out of them
This may be a wire issue. You tested all four channels by connecting each to the working speaker. This tells you all four channels are putting out music, so the issue is from the wire to the speakers. You replaced the speakers yet same results. This leads me to believe the wires are at fault.

Clearly the problem is upstream of the amp. Try swapping RCAs from channel to channel. Don't live swap the RCAs - turn the system off, swap, then turn the system on and see if the working channel follows one of the RCAs. I assume you've already eliminated the fader/balance.

Last edited:
I would check the wiring as stated from the amplifier to the speakers to make sure you have them connected from speaker to the amplifier,and make sure you are not connected to the HU wiring while using an amplifier and RCAs. its either one or the other. Not both. You should have gotten a manual with the new amplifier on how to wire up the speakers and amplifier.

I would check the wiring as stated from the amplifier to the speakers to make sure you have them connected from speaker to the amplifier,and make sure you are not connected to the HU wiring while using an amplifier and RCAs. its either one or the other. Not both. You should have gotten a manual with the new amplifier on how to wire up the speakers and amplifier.
Rewired the rear deck in my truck and I’m still only getting power to that one swapped rcas around still only getting anything out of that one speaker

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...