Optima Yellow Tops....

I have a yellow top running on main battery, and it is great! Never used a red top, but would recommend a yellow top to anyone running one battery, and a decent system!

Also the warranty on the red is 1 year, when its 3 on the yellow.
At my local Walmart they are giving the red tops a 4 year free replacement warranty and a total of 10 years of pro rated warranty. for $135 cdn

I dont know why its different than where you got yours from!

thats what i was thinking. you said you have optima batteries... do you recommend them over say... stinger? or SVR?
Yes i recommend them over a stinger sp1700 for a couple reasons. Price, size, and durability. Scottie J and some other people have done extensive tests with car on and off to test the difference between a 1700 and a 34 series Optima, with No difference in dB. As far as the wattage goes, the general rule of thumb to follow is that your batterys cranking amps should be twice the current draw.

i looked at the optima's at work. it says right on the red battery STARTING BATTERY. the yellow said something like ACCESSORY BATTERY. hope that helps people
That doesn't have anything to do with anything. Look at cranking amps, cold cranking amps, etc to determine if a battery will be sufficient for your car, system, etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.