out of these???

I honestly don't feel that a harsher tweeter makes it any easier to hear, I personnally hate them,
I honestly feel that a titanium or "bright" or whatever adjective you want to use doesn't necesarrily make it "harsh". Titanium tweeters can be tamed. It's just not quite as easy as it is with a silk dome tweeter. And on the flip-side of that, a tweeter made of silk doesn't necessarily make it "smooth". I'm not trying to stick up for titanium....hell I use silk domes in my car system. I think there is a time and place where titanium can be a better fit for someone and of course there is a time and place for silk. Just so happens the silk dome tweeters in my car are more harsh than the titanium tweeters in my home speakers. Now, thats primarily due to the design of the home speaker but nonetheless, its still titanium and its smooth.

One thing I would like to know is if its the harshness of titanium that hurts the ears then how is it NOT easier to hear. A bright tweeter by definition is one that is too loud am I right? So basically if its brighter as you claim then why wouldn't it be easier to hear?

One more note worthy of pointing out is that MB Quart makes some of the best mid range and mid bass drivers in the world. Enough rambling, my point was just that we shouldn't judge a tweeter by what its made of but by how it sounds in your vehicle.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Adam

I honestly feel that a titanium or "bright" or whatever adjective you want to use doesn't necesarrily make it "harsh". Titanium tweeters can be tamed. It's just not quite as easy as it is with a silk dome tweeter. And on the flip-side of that, a tweeter made of silk doesn't necessarily make it "smooth". I'm not trying to stick up for titanium....hell I use silk domes in my car system. I think there is a time and place where titanium can be a better fit for someone and of course there is a time and place for silk. Just so happens the silk dome tweeters in my car are more harsh than the titanium tweeters in my home speakers. Now, thats primarily due to the design of the home speaker but nonetheless, its still titanium and its smooth.
One thing I would like to know is if its the harshness of titanium that hurts the ears then how is it NOT easier to hear. A bright tweeter by definition is one that is too loud am I right? So basically if its brighter as you claim then why wouldn't it be easier to hear?

One more note worthy of pointing out is that MB Quart makes some of the best mid range and mid bass drivers in the world. Enough rambling, my point was just that we shouldn't judge a tweeter by what its made of but by how it sounds in your vehicle.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Adam
Well first off, you cannot make any comparison between home and car audio, because they are so different. The most being the distance from you and having correct imaging. Having a harsh tweeter in your door is usually worse than having it in an ideal spot like kicks because it is so close to you. Granted the design of the tweeter may be somewhat important, but the material used in it is for the most part the deciding factor.

Now, bright and harsh are two different thigns in my opinion, bright is just loud like you said, but harsh is where listening to s's at even moderate volumes is similar to death in most installs. I also said that when you adjust the volume of the tweeter it can compensate for that with a softer sound, but still get just as loud without any problem whatsoever.

Keep it to either the Discus or Reference series within that price range and you should be good to go. Both sets of speakers have a tweeter adjustment in the crossovers if they are to "bright" for your ears and want to "tame" them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

99ChevyZ71

10+ year member
99ChevyZ71
Lexington, KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from