possible ripped suspension?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Decipha
10+ year member

www.EFI Dyno Tuning.com
I have 2 pioneer ts-w306c subs running off a hifonics tx1505d amp

the subs don't play like they used to, when i push on the cone I hear a garbled noise coming from the inside of the subs, their not completely blown, they play pretty loud and clear until i go past 30, then they start popping but yet don't reach full excursion... anybody know more technically whats wrong?

um its called DISTORTION.

turn the **** gain down. they cant get that loud. or the amp cant put that much power out.

oh yea.

kitty loaf FTW BIOTCH!

lawl. its not an oppinion you fruitcake.

take the sub out and look at the suspension.

ill give you $5 if its ripped. and if you rip it when you take it out i wont give it to you lol.

its distortion. speakers dont making popping noises when the suspension is screwed up.

user error, distortion, maybe i should have got more in to detail

here is the orig post read it bishes

aww fuk it don't read it i'll quote myself

while i was setting the gain, i disconnected only one terminal for the speakers, well the speaker terminal accidently touched while i was setting it... teh loud boooom, that is the exact moment in time they stopped wanging like they used to... but they still played.. do you think i may have messed up something?

the only post was by dkguitarist which he stated that the suspension may be messed up... hence this thread

no didn't ground out the amp, i disconnect the pos wire going to the speakers and pushed it to the side, went to turn up the hu and when i turned around the wire touched on the terminal where it was original, giving the speakers a 45hz tone at vol 28 with the gain at 1/2

so? if it did that and they were set up to be able to take that, they should be fine.

its called a burp.

but frmo what i can see, gain was too high, subs couldnt take the power. and you ****ed up the coils maybe. or maybe, its just fuc*ing distoring.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.