Rockford Fosgate Issues

If they blow, oh well, but i truly doubt it. I bet I could blow them too if i gave 1000 watts to a 300 watt rms sub. but if it were to happen, thats what a warranty is for. They don't have them for nothing. I mean, the so-called guru's here are probably either rich or sponsered. I don't have a lot of money and I am not sponsored so I have to get what I can afford. And I'm pretty sure all of their subs have blown on them as well. You people have to realize that Sony is not in the car audio business for nothing. They have to be doing something right. And all you people with your off brand garbage like, shiva's and stuff, you keep your sub watch it blow, the utter trash.
That was a completely ignorant comment.

Most(if not all) the most intelligent people here are not rich, and may have sponsorships because they know what they are doing, unlike you.

I didnt have alot of money to spend either on a new system, and i went out on a limb and bought an RE SE. Let me just say that it kicks the crap out of my old MTXs.

Oh, and the "they are doing something right" thing about sony, just think of this, Pyramid, Legacy, etc. are all still around, do YOU think they are doing something right? They make the worst crap on the market.

Off-brand garbage....right. Stop being a prick and actually learn something. That shiva will walk all over the Z's and the P5's.

I'm done ranting now.

Brooklynchild07, k man, u need to listen. Dont come on the forum and ask a question if all you are going to do when someone tries to give is bust on them... So far, everyone that has given you an answer has been recomending that you either keep the RF's, or take them back and get you refund then get some jl's off of ebay, or at least get something else, do a little research... But most important, dont get pissed off cause someone is trying to help you

Look, I am not blasting anyone out. I am just defending what I believe in. I am the one being blasted out. I state my opinion and yall say its all garbage. I mean hey, I know there are better subs out there but there is no need to try to say everything I want is straight garbage. Yall cats who say they are trash....have you guys ever even listened to the P5's, let alone tune them to the right specs and just cranked them up? You never know what kind of sound I could get. It obvious the people who are positive about the issue have listened to them rather than be ignorant about it and say they are trash before listening to them. But, I am the one being ignorant?

i have listened to them and played with them at circuit my buddy is a installer there , anyway all of sony's car audio ive ever heard is not worth the box it came in. We are just trying to save you the headache of wanting somthing different 2 days later.

What's up? I currently have two Rockford Fosgate Punch Z 10" (model RFZ3410 [150 rms, 400 peak]) subs that I got for like $98 together at Best Buy at the beginning of Feburary. Well, I just looked online on circuit city and they have a deal for Sony 10" P5's for $37.49 a piece(model XSL101P5 [supposedly 300 rms, 1100 peak]). I was thinking about taking the Rockfords back, saving about $15, and getting the Sony's (also hopefully getting a better sub, especially since they are regularly priced at $89.00 a piece). I was wondering if the Sony subs are a better buy? (are they better than the Rockfords that i currently have?) I only have about a 5 days before I can get a full refund on the Rockfords. I would appreciate some feed back. I need a solution quick!
I've been there bruh.

You try to rush to get your money together just because you see something on sale. Think it all the way through first.

Honestly I haven't had any experience with those 2 series you listed, but some of the people that posted have, and they are just trying to save you some headache. It's better to be patient, and get something a little better. You don't have to send a sub more than it's rated RMS for it to blow either. There are things like box size, build quality, etc.

I've never heard anything good about Sony car audio products, and if you like Rockford I'd atleast go for their HE series.

But if you must pick between the two you listed, I myself would stay with the Rockfords. My friend still has some entry level Rockfords from about 3 years ago that have been over powered, sent distortion, put in wrong enclosures, abused, dropped, and so on, but they still refuse to quit working.

Keep your Rockfords.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.