setting a hifonics titan 1500.1

302yota
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
well i just got done building a box for a 15" L7 (4.4 cuft @34hz) an of a hifonics titan 1500 and it sound really good....but as his volume increases past a certain point all of his front speakers begin to distort really bad....how should i have the amp set at...or is there anything i can do about the distortion...btw he has a jvc hu

idk..either...but for some reason whenever his volume on his hu is turned up the rest of speakers distort really bad...i was wondering if having the gain on the amp turned to high might have anything to do with this

is the front speakers working off headunit power and the sub off the titan

if yes

raise headunit volume to point of distortion , than back it up a notch

now raise gain on sub amp to were you want it when head unit volume is were it is now

Turn down the bass on the headunit so they don't distort so badly, then raise the gain on the amp accordingly so the amp produces full power just before the full range speakers begin to distort again. (I'm assuming he has bass setting all the way up on his headunit)

no...iirc his bass is on 0...plus he has a separate setting for his sub level on his hu...but i'll try some of the options yall have listed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.