Shiva questions

Anyone up for an explanation of what IB is? im assuming its a very comon term i dunno, but its hard to search for somethin like that.

IB="Infinite Baffle" or "free-air",meaning u dont use a enclosure per say.Subwoofers would be would installed behind seats or in a rear deck using the trunk as a enclosure. Mainly any driver can do IB but not all are suited for this type of application.

The way I learned it, IB is placement in a sufficiently large enclosure that it effectively is "infinite" - but the front wave is still sealed from the back wave. In free air, the front and back waves mix, just like the sub was sitting on a table, enclosure-less.

It was 1 in the morning when I typed that response(tad tired from work).Jack Frost explained it more correctly. My apologizes 4 ne mixup.

Alright, so i checked out this amp you said you have supa. I was checkin it out and on ebay i found one for abbout 130 shipped also... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797&item=5741021716&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

So here's what im thinkin...ill build me a ported enclosure and then use this amp to power my shiva.

Will this make it deep and accurate? Some of my friends have subs that are jsut booms and whenever you have a buncha bass hits real quick, their subs make it sound like one big continuous hit. I reallllllllly hate that. I also dont want to be made deaf by my sub. I want it to soudn nice, it doesnt have to be loud AT ALL.

Any input appreciated.

EDIT: I was also wondering how this will sound in comparison to a 8 inch w7 in a ported box with a 250 watt JL amp. I loved that sub so much. it was the perfect sounding sub for me except for the fact that it cost way too much. only reason I sold it is so I can get another sub for hopefully 400 after everything...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.