Since when has Soundqubed made an 8 inch sub???

adulbrich
5,000+ posts

Olive oil un-virginer
Ames, Iowa
Maybe I miss it every time I visit their website (which is possible). If they always have, why does nobody mention it???

Here's a link:

HDS208

Looks pretty bad a$$ to me. Typical of soundqubed, the price is great too.

Does anyone have experience with these?

They arrived about two weeks ago. They do look nice and I would have tried a set but I didn't know when they'd be in stock so I went with Tantric MD-8s.
Yea, I just now read that they came out May 30th. They're in stock now. Tantrics won't be bad, just a little more expensive. Probably louder than the SQ's too though

Just compared the two subs, and they have different specs. Yes they share the same basket, but that's all I see.

The Soundqubed uses a paper cone with a foam surround. The American Bass uses a woven cone with a rubber surround. The venting on the motor structure is also different. Moving mass and the spider pack may account for the difference in specs.

Just compared the two subs, and they have different specs. Yes they share the same basket, but that's all I see.
The Soundqubed uses a paper cone with a foam surround. The American Bass uses a woven cone with a rubber surround. The venting on the motor structure is also different. Moving mass and the spider pack may account for the difference in specs.
Bro, they're all the same just like a Tahoe & Yukon. All from a china build house.

Bro, they're all the same just like a Tahoe & Yukon. All from a china build house.
They are basically the same. Personally, I like the look of the Soundqube. The American Bass yellow clashes with all my color schemes really bad. The Specs matter when you're trying really hard to get an enclosure to sound good. Not denying that both are probably made in the same China factory..

I mean....

^^^Touche

As far as the 8 inch subs though, the cone, surround and magnet are different. Based on that, I doubt the spider or voice coil is the same.

They have the same basket and are made in China, probably in the same building.

Is American Bass really made in China??? How's that for irony!

^^^Touche
As far as the 8 inch subs though, the cone, surround and magnet are different. Based on that, I doubt the spider or voice coil is the same.

They have the same basket and are made in China, probably in the same building.

Is American Bass really made in China??? How's that for irony!
The owner

DSC04063.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.