Sony Or Pioneer ?

I like Infinity Kappas...a little more upscale (just a little) but you will be much happier. I grew up on the pioneer stuff though. Another equilvalent brand you might want to look into is kenwood. Their eschelon (I know I butchered it) line is pretty good. WHat would you consider to be your budget for this project so people ain't telling you to get $1500 componet systems?

I like Infinity Kappas...a little more upscale (just a little) but you will be much happier. I grew up on the pioneer stuff though. Another equilvalent brand you might want to look into is kenwood. Their eschelon (I know I butchered it) line is pretty good. WHat would you consider to be your budget for this project so people ain't telling you to get $1500 componet systems?
i am telling you man, when it comes to coaxials, the pioneer rev series is the ****. the only other one i would go with are the zapco iforce's. they are about the same price. the only difference is that the pioneers dont sound as harsh.

I am just now trying to get into SQ so I only know of a few brands and how the sound to me. I have heard plenty of pioneer's TS-line and I know I like the infinitys more. I am curious what does these words mean in reference to SQ. I don't want to thread jack but these items are also important in newdavid's selection.

warm

bright

harsh

and other SQ words I can't remember now. I am curious what the difference between my system and a world winner. I don't know what to increase / move around to make it sound better.

I am just now trying to get into SQ so I only know of a few brands and how the sound to me. I have heard plenty of pioneer's TS-line and I know I like the infinitys more. I am curious what does these words mean in reference to SQ. I don't want to thread jack but these items are also important in newdavid's selection.
warm

bright

harsh

and other SQ words I can't remember now. I am curious what the difference between my system and a world winner. I don't know what to increase / move around to make it sound better.
the tsd-??? (rev's) are not the run of the mill ts line speaker.

The rev series sounds good. Go to an audio shop and hear them for your self. They sound nice and clear. I really dont like the the Infinity Kappas. They cost too much and the sound awful to me.

warm

bright

harsh

bright - refers to frequencies on the upper end of the spectrum being over pronounced. EXAMPLE: a tweeter that is bright has an unpleasant sound and is hard on the ears to listen to.

Harsh - same as bright but to another extent

Warm - hard to put this one into words, an example would be to listen to vinyl compared to CD. A vinyl has a much WARMER sound than compact disc. I can't really explain WARM so you'll have to listen to some vinyl to hear the difference.

Hope that helped a little.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.