Stetsom or AudioQue

i would choose audioque just because i have heard and SEEN stetsoms blow up for no reason. just ask thor //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif lol
That only happend because he had one that was the wrong voltage rating. I believe it was either the 12v or the 16v that he had and his voltage was too high so it shut off, then he blew it. Go back and read his build log.

The 4k2d! Nothing against AQ, but it'd be hard for me to part with my Stetsom 4k2d. If you search my threads, you'll find where I clamped mine and got over 3K at 4.xx ohms.

Well do you need the power at 1 or 2ohms? I've never had an audioque but I did have a 2k6d and it was a beast. I had it installed where there wasn't any ventilation and the amp never got hot on me.

It doesn't really matter because I haven't ordered the subs yet lol. So 1 or 2 ohms will be fine. I'm leaning towards the AudioQue now since for some reason its just what my gut says but I still have another month or two before I have the money to buy either one so I have alot of time to change my mind.

What about running 2 amps. I'm thinking run an AudioQue 2200 for awhile then add a second and run 1 per woofer

I have played with both amps in many different vehicles and I love the small size of the Stetsom amps but very much preferred the Audioque amps for the reliability factor but like I said that is just in my team vehicles.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.