SUBS SUDDENLY stopped PUSHING!!

lakshyt
10+ year member

hey

2 days ago i was playin my music (with alot of base) at 48/60 volume and after like 15 seconds.. they suddenly stopped working... i thought it was just a blown fuse as this happened 2 weeks ago.. and it was the fuse by the battery that was blown... this time it wasnt the fuse by the battery... nor the amplifier fuses... i checked all the wiring and power with a DMM... and i also check the power on the speaker wires going from the amp to the sub.. and it turns out that the amp is actually pushing power and everything is receiving the power and wired correctly.. but the subs dont work AT ALL!

my amp is an Orion 1200D and im running 2 12" Diamond D6's and my deck is a pioneer P80mp

does anyone have a clue or any suggestios to what could be wrong?

thanks alot

laith

the just stop working COMPLETELY when they are blown.. like ive seen blown subwoofers... but they dont seem like that.. they dont move or anything.. and they just completly stopped working :'( omg.. thats BAAAD news!!

edit:

do they just stop working COMPLETELY when they are blown???.. like ive seen blown subwoofers... but they dont seem like that.. they dont move or anything.. and they just completly stopped working :'( omg.. thats BAAAD news!!

Do you have any other speakers you could test with ?A wire might have come loose in the enclosure. Thats happened to me before.
omg man... i hope thats the case.. yeah i do have other speakers to test with.. will check tomorrow...

Hopefully it is.

Just remember, euipment lasts longer if you dont abuse it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.