SUBS SUDDENLY stopped PUSHING!!

i think i did what ur talking about... i just put the dmm on the wires that go to the inside of the box to the woofers.. theres current going through those!

right now.. what im hoping for.. is that the wire on the inside.. came loose (like what happened with u Eldorado).. because i dont think it was the tightest fit... i REALLYYYY HOPE SO... if these subs are blown.. i can't afford to buy new ones... i need all i have for school n ****!

are subwoofers warrented from blowing?

so they become paperweights?
They're normally able to be reconed. How much that costs depends on the manufacturer. I haven't a clue what Diamond charges ~ I've managed to bang on mine for a year and a half now with no problems....

Hope you didn't bake yours, friend //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

thanks man.. i really hope i didnt bake them :S i really do take care of them.. just this ONE time ... :S

btw.. how do i check the resistance in the voice coils?

thanks man.. i really hope i didnt bake them :S i really do take care of them.. just this ONE time ... :S
btw.. how do i check the resistance in the voice coils?
Take a multimeter, set the meter to Ohms resistance (the horseshoe-shaped symbol) and put the positive lead on the positive coil input and likewise for the negatives.

Read the display.

There's your resistance. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

and what ohm reading am i looking for... theyre dueal 4 ohm coild.. so i should read something close to 4 ohm? and does it matter what i play through the subs?

Rewire everything...check your remote wire, RCAs, and speakers wires. You said the subs are able to be pushed down like normal so there might be a chance that you didn't blow them. Here's some thing you can try...smell the subs and see how they smell

ok, so i tested the amp with another woofer, and it worked fine, then while the subwoofers where still in the car in their box, i touched the sub wires to a 9V battery but didnt notice any movement from the subs, just a scratchy noise..

so i took the subs out of the car, into the house and unscrewed 1 of the subs, tested with a DMM and i got 3.7-3.8 ohm on both voice coils, i then touched the wires to a 9V battery again, and it moved, even changed polarity, and it moved perfectly the other direction! i was then too lazy to take out the 2nd sub, but tested it with a battery, and it moved perfectly too!

so i have no idea what the problem could be, i am still going to remove the 2nd sub, buy some higher gauge wire, and rewire everything... but does anyone know what the problem actually is?

thanks

laith

thats happend to my l5 b4 i got my type-x. i was palying it loud and it just died; as if it was nto even connected. took it back and they told me it was blown, so i got my money back and bought somethnig else

Edit, just read your last post...

i had somethnig similar also occur to my type x. it turned out that the wires inside the box going from the sub to the metal connecters on the box got to ohot and melted, repalced with bigger wire and never had problem since then.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.