Subwoofer...fan?

the key is the variable pitch blades. you have the fan spin fast and the blades pitch back and forth pushing the air(and lots of it) in and out of the room real fast. theres a anifated gif on the manufactueres website showing it
trwanimate.gif

How interesting. I always keep my mind open to new ideas, but it does bear an uncanny similarity to my bathroom fan. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

How interesting. I always keep my mind open to new ideas, but it does bear an uncanny similarity to my bathroom fan. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
High tech bathroom fan. If it does what it says it does then it would be pretty sweet, but for some reason I am doubting its abilities.

High tech bathroom fan. If it does what it says it does then it would be pretty sweet, but for some reason I am doubting its abilities.
It is only reasonable to doubt its abilities. By today's audio standards it is very near impossible to reproduce what this fan claims to be able to. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

If it actually works id be interested.

someone should buy me one... i live in the top floor of an apartment complex and i have an attic, if this thing is really as intense as they make it sound, my neighbors would love 9hz tones ripping through the building. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Interesting

"The coolest product at the show was this Eminent Technology unit that produces 110 dB at 10 Hz. It is designed to supplement subwoofers (!!!) in the 5 Hz to 20 Hz range. A 1/3 horse power motor turns the fan blades, which are connected to a rod in the center of a woofer voice coil. Instead of the voice coil moving a cone, it moves the rod, which then moves smaller rods that adjust the pitch of the fan blades. So, the high velocity air coming from the fan is pulsed at the low frequencies. It only takes about 100 watts of amplifier power to drive it. The entire room shook, and the door was opening and closing in time with the signal. All this, and there was almost no distortion (the ET rep had the response being plotted on a spectrum analyzer during the demonstration). They calculated that it would take ten 18" subwoofers to produce this level of sound. It has to be placed in a separate room due to the fan noise, and putting it in the attic would work fine. The opening into your home theater would be about 2'x4' in the ceiling. These are prototypes at this point. All I know is I want one."
[/QUOTE]

honestly, it looks like a solid idea, and the concept seems to work out in my mind. they are pushing air like a convetntional fan, as they are oscilating the fanblades at the frequency derrived by the amplifier. considering its >40hz only, its JUST subbass as the blades cant go more than 40 cycles per second. it seems to be quite a good idea to me.

and to all you haters out there, have you heard it?

no. so shut the f*ck up. post your well thought over oppinion, not your baseless truths.

honestly, it looks like a solid idea, and the concept seems to work out in my mind. they are pushing air like a convetntional fan, as they are oscilating the fanblades at the frequency derrived by the amplifier. considering its >40hz only, its JUST subbass as the blades cant go more than 40 cycles per second. it seems to be quite a good idea to me.
and to all you haters out there, have you heard it?

no. so shut the f*ck up. post your well thought over oppinion, not your baseless truths.
Yeah, I think the concept sounds like it would work in my mind. I want to demo one.

I like the concept. I would never pay that much for it, but the idea seems to be quite logical. Would deffinately need high quality drivers for the portion of conventional subwoofer range (40-80ish Hz) that this wouldn't cover, but it seems like an efficient method, to accomplish it's purpose, if it worked properly.

Why does everyone keep saying "the concept sounds like it would work"? It's a functional product. They have given demonstrations. Obviously it works....they are using it. There's no question to that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.