Subwoofer suggestions

skirchydoo

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, new member here.

I’ve been out of the car audio game for about 15 years. I would like to put a couple 8’s under the back seat of an extended cab F350.

I have a JL audio JX 500/1D amp, and the subs need to have less than 5” mounting depth.

I’m looking for suggestions, I have no idea what to look at other than JL audio. I would prefer to use 2 subs, but not opposed to 4.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
A pair of Dual 2 ohm subs will work such as these.. or a pair of SVC4 ohm subs

Hi, new member here.

I’ve been out of the car audio game for about 15 years. I would like to put a couple 8’s under the back seat of an extended cab F350.

I have a JL audio JX 500/1D amp, and the subs need to have less than 4” mounting depth.

I’m looking for suggestions, I have no idea what to look at other than JL audio. I would prefer to use 2 subs, but not opposed to 4.

What year model is the truck?

4" is tough. Sundown has some shallow mounts worth looking at.
Oops, need to stay under 5”

And I realize most 8’s are least than 5” mounting depth, I’m more or less looking for best bang for the buck.

Also, what’s the opinions 8” kicker L5’s?

Last edited:
I honestly haven't used any. It's something I would like to do in my truck one day. It's really budget dependant. The American bass vfl6.5 look pretty decent for 140. I've heard that the DD 1506 is a great sub, but they're 399 each. Way too much for me, assuming I'm using 4 of them. There's some other options out there that I can't remember off hand.

Hi, new member here.

I have a JL audio JX 500/1D amp, and the subs need to have less than 5” mounting depth.

How much are you willing to spend and how much bass do you want? You can fit 3-10's. For maximum bass, you might want to look into a single shallow 10" in a ported box. The Alpine RS and JL TW5 are excellent subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...