Temparory Alarm Idea

fake is generally not good... but who else will know until the jostle your ride? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

easiest way is to hook up to the convenience outlet/cigarette lighter

No, don't make it red, you want it to be blue.
You can see a blue LED flashing a lot further away then a red one.

I disagree.

A red LED is/will be the standard color for armed alarm. Anything else can be mistaken for a custom LED set up for pimping out.

As far as the "blue flashing further away", go to Radio Shack and buy a 'Bright Red Blinking LED Module': #276-299. It is a 2 AA batt pack with red/black leads to a VERY BRIGHT clear LED on a small circuit board that shines red. Hide the batt pack and extend the leads (if you have to).

I have used these and they work GREAT! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

i had one of those little flashers that are made to put on a bike. i used it for 2 months a few years back after installing a cd player. seemed to work. i didn't have anything high dollar in my truck at the time though.

I disagree.
A red LED is/will be the standard color for armed alarm. Anything else can be mistaken for a custom LED set up for pimping out.

As far as the "blue flashing further away", go to Radio Shack and buy a 'Bright Red Blinking LED Module': #276-299. It is a 2 AA batt pack with red/black leads to a VERY BRIGHT clear LED on a small circuit board that shines red. Hide the batt pack and extend the leads (if you have to).

I have used these and they work GREAT! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif
thank you

i had one of those little flashers that are made to put on a bike. i used it for 2 months a few years back after installing a cd player. seemed to work. i didn't have anything high dollar in my truck at the time though.

hehe... I took what you said a step further...

I ziptied and taped a antiskip CD Player to my bike with D battery powered computer speakers...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

I disagree.

my viper has a blue led. at the same time though, if someone is to test it and purposely bump it, there is no mistaking whether it's alarmed or not. i would probably do red. i do see alot more nowadays with blue led's than before.

hehe... I took what you said a step further...

I ziptied and taped a antiskip CD Player to my bike with D battery powered computer speakers...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif
you should create and market a rechargeable sound system for a bicycle. maybe a little 6.5 inch woofer and a couple 3 way speakers. you could design it so the sub fits on the inside of the frame and the cd player mounts on the handle bars. pimpin'!!!

My Viper has a blue led. At the same time though, if someone is to test it and purposely bump it, there is no mistaking whether it's alarmed or not. I would probably do red. I do see alot more nowadays with blue led's than before.

I guess it's a 'new school thing'. I am from the old school. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

my viper has a blue led. at the same time though, if someone is to test it and purposely bump it, there is no mistaking whether it's alarmed or not. i would probably do red. i do see alot more nowadays with blue led's than before.
I guess it's a 'new school thing'. I am from the old school. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
that's why i said "nowadays";)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.