Temparory Alarm Idea

The good guys that can code hop, and are willing to make the gamble on the brain of the unit being under the dash, and that there is not a backup power supply for the alarm can disarm an alarm in 3-5 seconds with 2 people....

really quite simple.

The good guys that can code hop, and are willing to make the gamble on the brain of the unit being under the dash, and that there is not a backup power supply for the alarm can disarm an alarm in 3-5 seconds with 2 people....
really quite simple.
code -hopping please go on explain further, something i need to know.

I disagree.
A red LED is/will be the standard color for armed alarm. Anything else can be mistaken for a custom LED set up for pimping out.

As far as the "blue flashing further away", go to Radio Shack and buy a 'Bright Red Blinking LED Module': #276-299. It is a 2 AA batt pack with red/black leads to a VERY BRIGHT clear LED on a small circuit board that shines red. Hide the batt pack and extend the leads (if you have to).

I have used these and they work GREAT! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif
I wanted to go for blue but they didnt have any more. so went for the Blinking LED Module. I wanted to mount it on my dash but my dash is like a thick fome thing. The LED wouldnt have stuck out eunogh to see so i mounted it on the top of my stering colum. My had been broke into a few weeks ago in my driveway so its just some kids thinking that there BA b/c they smashed out my window and took my Subs and amp. Jokes on them, My subs were blowen. a leak in my back window loosened the glue and when i turned them on POP they blew. I'll see if i can get a pic or two of my getto alarm.

Place I mounted it at.

IMG_0784.jpg

Light flashing

IMG_0787.jpg

Battery Pack Hidden but still easy to turn on and off.

IMG_0772.jpg

yeah i its ok the isnt to big. and yes it flashes. In a few months i should have enought to get the Python 990. That one has a blue light.

Really quite simple.

First off, there are 2 kinds of Code Grabbing. (1) Thief activates grabber in active time near your car as you arm/disarm. (2) Thief scans for your code when you are away & the vehicle is armed. Many good quality car security alarm systems (DEI) have a 'rolling code' feature which changes remote transmitter codes every time you arm/diasarm. Also, there are now billions of different code combos. Even if a good thief tries to scan with a fast scanner, it can take a while to finally lock on. Even with that, if I am correct, the alarm control module can shut down any attempts to hack codes after so many attempts. The use of 'passive arming' (armed after last door is closed) also helps with code grabbing so no RF signal is sent & no code can be grabbed.

Just to state: Code Grabbing is not as wide spread in the US as some think. It has been more of a problem in Europe. I have a old 1996 issue of DEI's 'Security Sense' mag where there is a in depth article on code grabbing.

As for your other comments other than code grabbing, even IF the control module is under the dash with no back-up batt, you can still make it hard to disable by installing high pitch piezo sirens near the unit to make it painful to the ears to attempt to disable. Also, even though I do not recommend to many physical harming security measures for car security, you can wrap razor/barbed wire around the alarm control module IF it is not hidden well. Also, get a hood lock system or relocate your hood release lever to prevent easy access to disabling siren, etc... under hood. Remember to wrap up your color coded alarm wires with either electrical tape or wire loom to blend in with your stock wiring to confuse them.

TO SUM UP: Not to say there is no way around anything, but with enough knowledge & planning you can learn & make it as difficult as possible! Just think like a thief! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

code-hopping? Please go on to explain further, something I need to know.

^Refer to above post.^ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

Place I mounted it at.
IMG_0784.jpg

Light flashing

IMG_0787.jpg

Battery Pack Hidden, but still easy to turn on and off.

IMG_0772.jpg

VERY GOOD JOB there!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/handclap.gif.0c301076f534e244f0460706894f19e0.gif

Too bad you had to drill a hole.

On the contrary. It now looks like it's been professionally installed the right way. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.