the solution eludes me...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Flyer
10+ year member

I have 2 15 eclipse ti's I have the voice coils hooked up in parallel and the subs hooked up in a series to the jl 1000.1 amp at a final 4 ohm load. Just noticed today that one of the subs is not working. There isn't a break in any connection because one sub still works. I used a ohm meter and both subs register at 2 ohms. If a sub is blown, will it still give a good ohm reading? What else could it be?

Thanks

Flyer

As a suggestion, while you have the subs out of the box, rewire them so that the voicecoils are in series and the subs in parallel. That's the best way to wire them. Make sure that you don't have the coils of the subs wired out of phase as mentioned above.

Thank you, you were right one of the terminals on the sub are mis-marked from the manufacturer. The hole terminal is turned around backwards. I had it hooked up that way for a month and never even new that I only had one sub working. It is even more amazing now.

Thanks,

Flyer

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.