turbo noise (lol) and other question

so you haven't moved your RCAs away from your power wire? that's the first thing you should do. if you've upgraded to 4ga, you've now got more juice flowing to your amp (or, at least, it's less congested now). my speaker wires run alongside my power cable, but my signal does not exhibit any problems as yet. if it did, that'd be the FIRST thing i would change.

abe m.

thought about that last night...

first thing this morning i used another set of rca cables runnin them to the amp, and it had the same noise, away from the battery cable...

do those noise suppressor things work?

oh ****, and that was my last resort... cant think of any other thing that it can be...

could the remote wire have something to do with it?

my poor poor remote wire

its working like a slave on a cotton field

its hooked up to my tsunami amp, kicker amp, and power antenna, my poor poor remote cable...

i don't think that's the cause for the noise, but i've heard that if you're using your remote for more than 2 components (maybe even one), you should use a relay.

abe m.

what about the battery, this guy at circuit city told me it could be the battery.... then again he told me double voice coil on a subwoofer means that two twelves will sound liek four twelves...

could he be right this time?

How Big is yor ground wire?? you said you upgraded your power wire but u didnt mention ground? Try upgrading the ground. to 4 ga. If that doesnt work then try a ground loop isolator to see is the noise supresses a bit.

try unplugging the rcas from the amp itself and revving the engine a few times or driving around a little while with the amp on but no input wires connected to it.

Is the alternator whine still present? Let me know I may have a few ideas to help

ok great! ill do that tonight after work, meanwhile, jus letting you know, i notice the whine gets louder when more stuff is on, like if i have the system on, and the ac at the same time, its louder than if it was just the system on.

thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.