Two 15's; Tumult

See, the other man backed up his statements with pictures. That sub box has a crispy finish on it.

Don't just talk yang, back it up, post pictures iin my thread.

May we sit by the bay, make things out of clay, eat some hay, what do you say?

I know the remark about the box finish was about your own correct (walmart brand undercoat im assuming), not the other dudes. Please tell me Im correct.

Your thread???????

It is the worst thing, but atleast your box pictures look good. I like the pic you put up of. Right, right, you didn't post picks of your set up.
The electrical socket is better than standard connects. It uses high grade, high gauge copper, designed for 120v, 1800 watt applications. Regular connects use thin unknown metal and have cheap screw downs, that cross-thread easily. Hook-up has never been easier, just plug in and go.

It's good that most don't think of this, because then prices of sockets would go up and they'd probably start using regular speaker connect grade metal. It cost 60 cents (CDN) a piece at Home Depot.
(Read the following while invisioning a deep sarcastic, whimsical tone)

Im sure socket prices would inflate to an excessive amount that the average consumer wouldn't dream of being able to purchase, due to fact that a car audio enthusiasts have caught on to it. Do you even know how small the proportion is of the people who own avant-garde subwoofers in comparison to the billions of people who purchase electrical sockets.

Hmm, well, it looks like you have done better on this box than on your last one. This box seems to be tuned to about 50 Hz, which would really be more suited to a competition box. This is much better than your previous 70 Hz tuning though. However, once again, as for 14 Hz being useable. . . I don't think so. You will have some room gain, but not ~30dB.

TumultsNew.png

Yes I was talking about the man on page one who posted the pictures to back up his claims. His sub box has a very nice finish on it.

Yes this is my thread.

It's interesting how you have a graph, without any enlcosure and power source specs.

You people don't understand when I say -useable-. Its the program I use to generate test tones. At my reference listening level, I see how low the subs are audible to. Tuning frequncey of a box is just for theory conversations. http://www.pas-products.com/ is where the generator is.

Nowadays, people are to much into talking, but not doing. Everyone reads a book and claims to be an expert. Those same people hardly ever do the things, just talk about it. Some may say my box is tuned to 50Hz. The reality is, it plays down to 14Hz and I got evicted for it, so the people who live beside me know how low its tuned. Its time to get your heads out of the books and actually build something and show evidence of it, in the form of pictures. Let's go.

your an idiot. and i hate u, below 30. Your remind me of dumb little child. U cant seem to heed ne ones advice and u always think your right. i just might smite. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Tuning frequncey of a box is just for theory conversations. .

No, its not.

Not at all. Helmholtz resonators are not THEORY at all and I believe that this is the dumbest thing you've said.

But thanks for the comments on my box. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

That response graph is based on a 15 ft^3 box with 10 2" diameter .75" deep ports. If you want me to make a more accurate graph, give me the exact specs of your box.

As for your 14 Hz, sure you can hear it if you generate only a 14 Hz signal, but if you tuned lower you could get a lot more low output. . . stuff you could hear when playing games or watching movies.

And yes, kmart, that is one sweet box. I hope to soon have a magnum of my own //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Below 30, would you please just try a box that is built to specs? What's the worst that could happen? You don't like it so you go back to the old one, and you lose a small amount of money for the materials. There is, however, a chance that it will sound better. You really don't have much to lose. I too am a very stubborn person, and i am "never" wrong, but come on...just try it. Then we can stop arguing about this and live happily ever after.

I'm just encouraging people to use the picture posting option and stop talking theories. Whats the point of a forum that allows picture posting, just to be hear talking about things we have and no sight of it.

Post picture people, its not hard.

Can't this just stop. Below30 is a little hard headed, let him do as he wishes.
Exactly!!! If someone doesn't understand the logisitcs behind enclosure design, and refuses to heed the well-guided advice of intellectual people, let them be. I can tell you though, your theory of the grades of metal and copper and their relationship to conductivity and resistance is wholly misguided.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Below 30

10+ year member
Video Games Fo Life
Below 30
Ontario, Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date