Ways to stop trunk rattling in a 2013 Charger?

i used a combination of weather stripping, great stuff, and sound deadener. great stuff goes into the trunk lid to reduce flex and keep panels from smashing into each other, weather stripping on and parts that would come into contact with each other, and covered the lid in deadener, i have no audible rattles from the trunk. now whether you wanna do that to a brand new car idk, lol. you can also try tightening the trunk lid down tighter.

Oof. A sound deadened sounds like the way to go but yeah I don't know if that'd be such a great solution on a new car

Edit* is the deadener foam something you take off the interior trunk lid for, then apply and stick it back on?

if the rattle is coming from the latch (common) just wrap some electrical tape around the loop (2-3 layers max). it wears through over time and needs to be replaced but it is minor, cheap, and will fix that problem.

if the rattle is coming from the lights, weatherstripping can help there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.