What exactely is clipping?

There is this thing called research, and helotaxi does it. It's how you learn stuff. And before you ask me, "how do I research then?". There is this magical place called google...
To google is a verb, familiarize yourself with that, and you shall learn anything you need to know, from wiring your car audio, how to build almost anything, how to fix your brakes, how to perform calculus to get something meaningful, how to use physics to help your problems, how to make tasty food, how to buy anything you'll ever need, and more...
Sorry.. who are you?

I was asking him a question on his background, not a lesson on how to use google. I go to school for computers, but thanks.

Gee look, he didn't learn his stuff from google afterall.

I think I get it. So all a class D is, is just a better designed class c amp. Not the radical new transistors that the companies claim.

Thanks helotaxi

I think I get it. So all a class D is, is just a better designed class c amp. Not the radical new transistors that the companies claim.
Thanks helotaxi
Uh, no.

Class C is only for RF amplifiers at one tuned frequency. Oscillators and transmitters and such. Very efficient, special purpose circuits.

Class D is a digital audio system. The audio is chopped up into small segments and switched at high frequency, then recombined into audio by passing it through a lowpass filter.

The output stages of Class D amps operate as switches - on or off- very much like pulse-width modulated power supplies do. That's how they get the efficiency out of them, it's not a linear amplifier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.