What is the best amp for JL Audio 13W7?

No really, I was testing some amps one was the 1000.1 and the other was a rockwood 1000. The JL sounded better. :thumbsup //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smash.gif.499e08a4a35ffaf54f4c8194fb8fe8ed.gif

define best.

many amps will work well with that sub. how much can you spend? How big is your box?

If your box is big enough, you won't need that hunk of power to get the thing moving at full excursion.

I have it in a 2.4 cu. ft slot ported box.... And i just want to get the best result u can get with this sub.... Also money is not an object....

13w7 works fine w/my pg tantrum, as a matter of fact its pushing it hard than the jl1000.1

funny about all this talk when the store was like dang that amp is half the price of the jl 1000.1 and it pushes the sub harder.

HUMMMMMM, GO FIGURE .. if you want to see, you're more than welcome to take a trip to GA and hear it

if you want to run the 2500d on the 13 you can. i know a guy that has two kicker 1250sx amps and it gets about 2250watts and it held up very strong with room to spare. and in case you decide to add another one you would have the power to run it. always think about the future of adding on you want need another amp.

No, its not that they work the best, its that they are DESIGNED to work the best because JL are money hungry bastards who design their amp and subs to be optimal with each other. Who the hell else would make a d*mn SVC 3 ohm sub, thats right, a company whose amps JUST HAPPEN to put out full power at 3 ohms.
********. There are plenty of amps out there(for less money mind you) that will perform just as well as the JL.

Get off JL's c0ck.
i agree 100%, JL isnt worth the money, maybe the w7 is to some, but definitely not the amps.

al

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.