what kind of amp to power 2-3 DD 1508's?!?

A loading surface placed about 2" away from the subwoofer cones to maintain pressure on them so they don't unload. I'd try it without a loading wall first, but recommend keeping the option open if you experience the subwoofers unloading (bottoming out) at high volume.
ok thx fo the advice.ill keep that in mind

What makes you think it is not capable of being used for "Sound Quality" purposes? I am trying to remember the name of the guy on another forum who competes with a Miata in IASCA SQ classes and was using a 1508 as his subwoofer... Oh well, I can't remember who it is at the moment...
But the sub has very little to do with the overall score, and L7's have won SQ contests...doesn't mean I'd want them in my ride.

i have a large compartment in my car that i plan to have a custom box made to fit in it with the 2 1508's. i dont want a box sitting right behind my seat.

Sundown Audio will be releasing the SA-8 in late Feb. Shaping up to be a nice little 8. If you can wait, you could do a pair of those and get a Sundown amp and have a matching setup. Actually thinking that might be my next setup

I am actually thinking about getting a pair of those SA8s myself when they are released just to compare them to the 1508s myself.

ETA I've had these since 2008 and have only run ONE of them:

x3.jpg

My cousin is currently stationed in England and he's already called dibs on what I don't want!

Sundown Audio will be releasing the SA-8 in late Feb. Shaping up to be a nice little 8. If you can wait, you could do a pair of those and get a Sundown amp and have a matching setup. Actually thinking that might be my next setup
ya im looking to get my system ordered here in next week. but i looked at the sa 12. looking good.

I am actually thinking about getting a pair of those SA8s myself when they are released just to compare them to the 1508s myself.
ETA I've had these since 2008 and have only run ONE of them:

x3.jpg

My cousin is currently stationed in England and he's already called dibs on what I don't want!
haha shoot or else i would have called dibs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif naww im getting them new through robertawdgsx

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.