will this setup work??????

coolman91985
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Dallas
i am gettin a 2001 Denali soon and i think i have a pretty good idea of the system components i want to get for it. here it is:

HU - Alpine iva-d901

Front Speakers - diamond audio m661

Rear Speakers - infinity kappa 60.5cs

Rear Roof Speakers - audiobahn 4x10

Subs - 2 eD12A's

Box - Dual ported about 4 cu ft (is this about right?)

Front Speaker Amp - earthquake ph300.1

Rear Speaker Amp - earthquake ph150.2

Sub Amp - earthquake ph-D2

Equalizer - Kenwood 11 band

2 Lightning audio 1.0 caps

Optima yellow top battery

Rockford Fosgate dual amp kit

will this work with the stock alternator? is this enough power? too much power? i will run the eD12's at 2ohm which the earthquake D2 will give them 1000 watts each. is this too much?

thanks

Ditch the 4x10s....absolutely no need for them . Also, the front speakers are components right? and the rear speakers are coaxial...they should be. Also, ditch the caps...look at wiring kits from knukonceptz.com

Check out http://www.excessiveamperage.com for upgrade alternator...you WILL need it...keep the yellow top for secondary battery in the rear. Good luck, peace

NG

i will get rid of the 4x10's. and i will change the infinity 60.5cs to the 63.5i which are coxials. y do i not need the caps? is the fosgate amp kit not good? can i run my speakers at 2ohm safely?

I wouldn't run anything except a diamond hex comp set in the front. Ditch all the rear spearkers and dynamat the entire car and you will have plenty of volume.

it's going in a huge ass vehicle...a denali. I would keep the coaxials in the rear for fill, otherwise ANY passengers in the rear will hate you. Also, DO NOT GET CAPS. Instead, get a 200amp HO alternator from the site i listed. MUCH better investment...w/ the alt you won't need the caps. peace

NG

is a 4 cu ft box too big, too small, or just right for 2 eD12A's? also, will i need an equalizer, or is that unneccesary (spelling?)?

well, since you have the room...i would go 5 cubes total after all displacement. Port it tuned to 30hz and you'll be wangin. I personally don't use an equalizer...not THAT big into SQ...i just tweak on my HU and adjust gains and ****. IMO, for your install not necessarily needed. peace

NG

i am gettin a 2001 Denali soon and i think i have a pretty good idea of the system components i want to get for it. here it is:
HU - Alpine iva-d901

Front Speakers - diamond audio m661

Rear Speakers - infinity kappa 60.5cs

Rear Roof Speakers - audiobahn 4x10

Subs - 2 eD12A's

Box - Dual ported about 4 cu ft (is this about right?)

Front Speaker Amp - earthquake ph300.1

Rear Speaker Amp - earthquake ph150.2

Sub Amp - earthquake ph-D2

Equalizer - Kenwood 11 band

2 Lightning audio 1.0 caps

Optima yellow top battery

Rockford Fosgate dual amp kit

will this work with the stock alternator? is this enough power? too much power? i will run the eD12's at 2ohm which the earthquake D2 will give them 1000 watts each. is this too much?

thanks
I wish I had a vehicle like that.

I would go with 15's instead of 12's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.