Will this work how I want it to work - ACX650.5

zoltman1991

CarAudio.com Recruit
houston
So I know this is a marine/powersports amp, however I would like to use it in my car.

It presents:
-4x 50rms at 4ohm
-1x 350rms at 2ohm

I want to install 4x 3.5" speakers one each channel (ch1-4).
I also have kicker KS series 6x9 (150rms ea) (2 speakers ch5)

Planning on using channel 5 for 350rms into two SVC 4ohm speakers for a 2ohm load (each will receive 175rms, but I'm sure I can manage (more questions to come)).

Is this a viable setup? I like this idea for several reasons:
-1: Got it at a great price. $320 new.
-2: Eliminates the need for a higher model LOC unit. (I have an LC2i which I will keep so I don't need to upgrade)
-3: It'll handle all planned speakers - 4x50 and 2x150.
-other options was two amps - 4 channel and 2 channel.

Last edited:
I would do the 6x9s and two 3.5s. That way you will have a better blending with the subs.
Explain please.
As far as frequency response blending? Was thinking of adjusting high pass of 6x9 120+ and then 3.5 even higher. Haven’t done much research on recommended.
But please do explain! I’m on a quest for high fidelity sound, so I’d love to hear your inputs.

But please do explain! I’m on a quest for high fidelity sound, so I’d love to hear your inputs.
The sub's frequency will be set to 80 hz. That is where they will start dropping off and you need something to start picking up from there. Bigger speakers play better into the lower frequencies so the 6x9s will play lower than 80 hz therefore creating an overlap in the music. This helps to not miss any of the music and can also help you "hide" the subwoofer location.
The 6x9s can be ran full range but if x-overed, I would set them at 50 hz. high pass. The 3.5s will benefit from a high pass of 600 hz to 1000 hz. You will find that frequency when in car testing.

Last edited:
Might take a look at the stinger 5 ch. amp to? Just another option. You can always tune very min,and the amp should run pretty cool and never overworked with the head room.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

zoltman1991

CarAudio.com Recruit
zoltman1991
houston
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views