wiring door speakers

metalheadZZ

how would i wire my door speakers. they are pioneer 6x8's. im just replacing the stock ones b/c they blew. i got a 97 mustand with the mach 460 sound system. the wire that comes out of the speaker hole in the door does not match the wires on the back of the speaker. on the box it says a direct fit for ford. i think it might have something to do with the mach sound system(which they bypassed when i had my cd player put in). so idk if i need a new speaker harness or what.

The speaker should have 2 terminals (+ and -).

FInd the (+ and -) wire that went to the old speaker and connect em to the new one. You may need to cut off the factory terminal and crimp on some new ones.

Yes the terminalogy DIRECT FIT means they will fit in the mounting holes. This does not mean the wire terminals will be the same size. Do as the othe post says and cut the terminal ends and splice on some new ones (you can get them at walmart, or k-mart.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.