05 Silverado VSS wire location

Participant count
  • Participant list

Reit38
10+ year member

Total MindFawk
IA
wheres the best place to splice into the VSS wire for hooking up navigation....looked behind hte radio but could not locate it there.

05 silverado

clarion Clarion VRX 785BT

Clarion NAX980HD

Scosche GM2000

VSS is vehicle speed sensor, doubt its behind the radio. try behind your instrument panel if you know what wire your looking for, if not get the vehicle wiring diagram so you can locate exactly where it would be and what wire it is.

doing alittle research some people are saying its a brown with white tracer and others are saying grey with white and ive also found green with white tracer

you're gonna want to get the actual wiring diagram for you're year truck b/c they do vary from year to year sometimes. best thing is either go to the dealership and talk to one of the tech's to see if they can get it for you or atleast copy the page from the book for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.