Can anyone recommend a design software to design a box for an ext cab Silverado?

Participant count
  • Participant list
You or a designer/builder is going to have to do that manually, more than likely. I’ve done more underseat boxes than I’ve ever wanted to, including underseat bandpasses. Both acoustically and structurally, they are hard to design and fit; it’s just a terrible layout compared to almost everywhere else people usually fit enclosures, so make sure you or whoever understands their math and sound.

Last edited:
You or a designer/builder is going to have to do that manually, more than likely. I’ve done more underseat boxes than I’ve ever wanted to, including underseat bandpasses. Both acoustically and structurally, they are hard to design and fit; it’s just a terrible layout compared to almost everywhere else people usually fit enclosures, so make sure you or whoever understands their math and sound.
I can do the math and build it. I wanted to use a program so I could see a performance graph. I want to build a box like this one for two 10s with a side port instead of a front port. https://www.soundoffaudio.com/ported-box-1999-2006-chevy-silverado-extended-cab/

I can do the math and build it. I wanted to use a program so I could see a performance graph. I want to build a box like this one for two 10s with a side port instead of a front port. https://www.soundoffaudio.com/ported-box-1999-2006-chevy-silverado-extended-cab/
You can use one of the two winisd’s to just enter the box volume and see a basic response graph. Sometimes they’re not very useful, but the alpha version has many other graphs that you can check to make sure things look right, like cone movement and port speed and what not. And yeah I don’t care for the front ports much unless it’s a bandpass.

Last edited:
You can use one of the two winisd’s to just enter the box volume and see a basic response graph. Sometimes they’re not very useful, but the alpha version has many other graphs that you can check to make sure things look right, like cone movement and port speed and what not. And yeah I don’t care for the front ports much unless it’s a bandpass.
Thanks for your help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...