1.5cu Ft. Ported

Participant count
  • Participant list

80_Cutlass_mn
10+ year member

What needs to be here?
Anderson,Al
Short sweet and simple.....

What do you guys think of a 12" Death Penalty in a 1.5cu. ft. box ported with a single external 4" pvc port tuned to 34hz. Port noise will be an issue but I dont care.

Anyway give thoughts and opinions or feel free to ask questions.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif

It started out as a sealed box for my friends 02 mustang and his DP but he got a ported box and I took the sealed box for myself. It fit perfectly into the cargo well in my hatch and so I used it for about a year sealed and was never satisfied with the low end extension so I decided to try porting it. According to WinISD it should give me a pretty flat response down the tuning freq. and have a -3db point of 32hz where as it fell off sharply with just being a sealed box. I guess this was sort of an experiment to see what it could do. Ive got less than 15 bucks in materials to port it so its not a huge loss.

Later I plan on getting a good box made that made to fit perfectly and fire directly into the back glass.

well then port it and see what u think.... and to add some room in the box u could put the sub on the outside that would be some more

Just ditch the small sealed box idea.....go huge ported......the DP will like it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.