1 sealed box or 2 vented?

me = confused
can't fit sealed enclosure (the smaller)

but can fit 2 vented (bigger) ones????????????????

That's like saying I can't eat a 10 Oz steak in one meal, but I can eat 30 pounds of ham
I think he's asking if he should do 1 sealed box for 2 15"s or 2 seperated ported boxes because he can fit in 1 ported box for both subs. and this is because the size of the trunk opening

****, so people actually build boxes with 2 subs sharing the same chamber? That's ****ing whack. Why wouldn't you make the box 2 chambers? All the multi-sub boxes i've had built or seen built for friends had separate chambers per sub...

Another benefit is that if you absolutely have to, you can cut one box off the other to make it fit in a smaller space without having to build a new box

Don't ask.

Twice the amount of space(AKA Resistance) AND the resistance of the other cone which is now acting like a passive radiator. I always try to chamber off my ported subs.However, if you do use two vented, make all the cuts in one day, and get it all together in one day. Any slight warping has the chance of being disastrous.
yeah i got the supplies, and i made a muach up of a daul ported cause i thought it would fit but it didnt so now i gotta get all new dims....some1 made my other dims. but isnt thier a website with all the calculaters on it ...woofer sumthin?

A 30"x16"x20" box is a LOT harder to fit into a trunk than a 15" x 8" x 10".

LOL @ your math

30" X 16" X 20" = 5.55 cubes gross

15" X 8" X 10" = 0.7 cubes gross

How the hell is 0.7 cubes half of 5.5 cubes????

You FAIL.

HARD

Btw, you just got schooled by a drunkie.....

LOL @ your math

You FAIL.

HARD

it would be half the width though...not half of all dims...just1

it would be half the width though...not half of all dims...just1
exactly

IDSKOT fails.......

You could always build the enclosure inside the trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

exactly
IDSKOT fails.......

You could always build the enclosure inside the trunk //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
dont have a garage and its cold...but i think 2 sepreate will be better neways.

but whats the website that tell u how big the port size will be...itll be smaller than the port on the dual box

LOL @ your math

You FAIL.

HARD

4.4 cubes for the 30",

.4 cubes for the 15".

It wasn't made to be mathematically accurate. It was to show the difference.

Half would be 16x16x20, which is 2.2 cubes.

Sorry I didn't feel like actually doing the math because it was just for argument's sake.

dont have a garage and its cold...but i think 2 sepreate will be better neways.
but whats the website that tell u how big the port size will be...itll be smaller than the port on the dual box
15-18 in^3 per cubic foot

4.4 cubes for the 30", .4 cubes for the 15".

It wasn't made to be mathematically accurate. It was to show the difference.

Half would be 16x16x20, which is 2.2 cubes.

Sorry I didn't feel like actually doing the math because it was just for argument's sake.
you arguement fell through, as 15 X 8 X 10 is not half of 30 X 16 X 20.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

you arguement fell through, as 15 X 8 X 10 is not half of 30 X 16 X 20.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif
In terms of space inside, you're right. But in terms of physical dimensions, I was right. I don't know why you're on my case about not wanting to do the math to figure out what's half of the original hypothetical box measurements.

And OP:

Don't use that website... those are for DD drivers...

What Freq do you want it tuned to? I'll do the math for you.

In terms of space inside, you're right. But in terms of physical dimensions, I was right. I don't know why you're on my case about not wanting to do the math to figure out what's half of the original hypothetical box measurements.
And OP:

Don't use that website... those are for DD drivers...

What Freq do you want it tuned to? I'll do the math for you.
Didn't OP say he had DD drivers? Or are my eyes shuting down.....?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.