Best way to power...........................

lenzer38

CarAudio.com Newbie
mn
Hello, i was wondering the best way to power my old-school kenwood kgc-4300 eq/booster, i think its 80 watts... my question, can i hook the eq/booster to my existing power wire for my radio, or would that be 2 much running 2 things on 1 power wire, i have a power wire for my single pioneer 10 inch active sealed subwoofer w/ built in amp going to the battery, should i use that wire to tap in, i just wanted the kenwood kgc-4300 for front, rear speakers, so i can adjust the eq, plus, a little boost, Thanks for Reading...............................................................

Build Photo
  1. Not right now
I just googled the manual for the eq. It only pulls 5.5 amps at full power. Just connect it to the radio power wiring. It will be fine. Especially since you are not going to be using the radio’s internal amplifier.
Also, that eq only produces 15 watts per channel. It is entirely possible that the stereo that you are using has more power output than the eq.

An old school EQ booster. Don't be too surprised if you get it all hooked up and it sounds worse than before. Unless, of course, you are hooking it up to an old school head unit...

An old school EQ booster. Don't be too surprised if you get it all hooked up and it sounds worse than before. Unless, of course, you are hooking it up to an old school head unit...
My thoughts exactly.

I do have a SONY XEC-505 that is pretty clean. Wish it had better than 2V out, still a good garage tuner for Sure!

My thoughts exactly.

I do have a SONY XEC-505 that is pretty clean. Wish it had better than 2V out, still a good garage tuner for Sure!
I can still picture the old Pioneer units in my mind's eye. And laugh at the JC Whitney catalog with the oddest assortment of car stereo hardware to come out of (I assume) Japan.
Single DIN head units with TV screens, "200 Watt" EQ-boosters, boomerang TV antennas, Minimus 7 knock-offs. Fun times.

I can still picture the old Pioneer units in my mind's eye. And laugh at the JC Whitney catalog with the oddest assortment of car stereo hardware to come out of (I assume) Japan.
Single DIN head units with TV screens, "200 Watt" EQ-boosters, boomerang TV antennas, Minimus 7 knock-offs. Fun times.
Loved those Mimus speakers!

I just googled the manual for the eq. It only pulls 5.5 amps at full power. Just connect it to the radio power wiring. It will be fine. Especially since you are not going to be using the radio’s internal amplifier.
Also, that eq only produces 15 watts per channel. It is entirely possible that the stereo that you are using has more power output than the eq.
Thanks dragon.breath:

But did you ever get car audio magazine? :D

But did you ever get car audio magazine? :D
I sure did. Nostalgia is what brought me to this website, wondering if it still existed.
I can still name some of the people and describe some of the cars I drooled over in those issues.
I also got Car Stereo Review, Stereo Review, Stereophile, Audio Video Interiors, and anything else audio related that I could get my hands on.

I couldn't play in those arenas, but it sure was fun to dream. I even got MECP certified when the program was only about 3 years in existence.

I sure did. Nostalgia is what brought me to this website, wondering if it still existed.
I can still name some of the people and describe some of the cars I drooled over in those issues.
I also got Car Stereo Review, Stereo Review, Stereophile, Audio Video Interiors, and anything else audio related that I could get my hands on.

I couldn't play in those arenas, but it sure was fun to dream. I even got MECP certified when the program was only about 3 years in existence.
I can still picture the nerd in the orange sweatsuit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...