10" midbass drivers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Belial

Atlanta
Im sure most are sick of all these threads im posting but i think im almost there with my new system. Again... ive been out of car audio for over 12 years. The industry has changed big time! Anyways... as ive stated before, i have a 2002 maxima se. Im wanting a solid 2 way front stage with a very beefy 12 sub mounted in a t line enclosure tuned to 40hz. Realistically, i would have to completly rebuild my front doors if i want to mount a 10" driver. My big question: how bout 2 mids mounted in the rear deck and eric steven new neocomp horns under the dash? Zero mids in the doors or kicks. Will this work? I can fit 8's and possibly 10's in the fear deck. I think this would be a hell of a lot easier than rebuilding a whole door and sound deadening all to hell and back.

Im sure most are sick of all these threads im posting but i think im almost there with my new system. Again... ive been out of car audio for over 12 years. The industry has changed big time! Anyways... as ive stated before, i have a 2002 maxima se. Im wanting a solid 2 way front stage with a very beefy 12 sub mounted in a t line enclosure tuned to 40hz. Realistically, i would have to completly rebuild my front doors if i want to mount a 10" driver. My big question: how bout 2 mids mounted in the rear deck and eric steven new neocomp horns under the dash? Zero mids in the doors or kicks. Will this work? I can fit 8's and possibly 10's in the fear deck. I think this would be a hell of a lot easier than rebuilding a whole door and sound deadening all to hell and back.
I have several sets of nice high end 8" midbass

I find that my front stage/Imaging starts to fall apart (fall together may be a better description) when my front speakers are crossed higher than 160hz. I still

plan on running my next van without door speakers, but ill have to have 5"in the pillars cross 160ish to make it work. Not sure how low your horns will play. I guess if you're only about SPL it won't matter.

I find that my front stage/Imaging starts to fall apart (fall together may be a better description) when my front speakers are crossed higher than 160hz. I stillplan on running my next van without door speakers, but ill have to have 5"in the pillars cross 160ish to make it work. Not sure how low your horns will play. I guess if you're only about SPL it won't matter.
Im 100% sq with the ability to play loud.

The new es neocomps play low
250hz low? Also look where his where and look how far back your rear deck is, also rear window reflections. Don't overcomplicate it. In SQ less is more, focus on install and processing. A 6.5 and tweeter installed and tuned right is more than enough.

250hz low? Also look where his where and look how far back your rear deck is, also rear window reflections. Don't overcomplicate it. In SQ less is more, focus on install and processing. A 6.5 and tweeter installed and tuned right is more than enough.
Tweeters distort and cant produce what a horn can. Have you ever in your life seen tweeters on a stage during a concert?

Tweeters distort and cant produce what a horn can. Have you ever in your life seen tweeters on a stage during a concert?
No but its a different design for a different goal.

I'm not telling you not to use horns, I've heard amazing cars with them.

I have also heard just as amazing cars with just a simple 2 way plus sub.

I'm saying don't overcomplicate it. If SQ is your goal you need to know how to tune. That should come first

No but its a different design for a different goal. I'm not telling you not to use horns, I've heard amazing cars with them.

I have also heard just as amazing cars with just a simple 2 way plus sub.

I'm saying don't overcomplicate it. If SQ is your goal you need to know how to tune. That should come first
Thread jacking idiot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.