12" sub for my vette

VerTigo456
10+ year member

Hey guys,

Second guessing myself and was hoping for some advice. I have a 2001 convertible corvette. Currently I have a Massive Audio NX5 that is powering the front component and rear coaxials. I bought an Eclipse 12" Sub back in the day, I believe a 97121 DVC 4ohm? Anyways, I am going to have the box mounted in the trunk middle storage compartment. Obviously with the vette the box is only so large. I wanted to know if I should stick with this sub or if the new subs today are much much better? I am just wanting a nice tight bass line. I listen mainly to alternative and rock. Thanks for helping a newb out!

Steven

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

What is your budget? With being exposed to Rain.. I would recommend looking at a marine grade SAS Bazooka for the sub stage
Don't forget Hoffman's Iron Law. You can have 2 of the 3: low end, efficiency/sensitivity or small enclosure size...
The best shallow that I've heard is the JL by far. One good regular 8" sub on a 1K would probably be all that you need. Two 8's in 1.5 cubic feet...
One or two, they are still subwoofer outs and are mono summed signals from both left and right. Even the 2 RCA subwoofer pre-outs on the 2nd one...
Be sure to see the sub specs. It should tell you the ideal sealed enclosure size.

About this thread

VerTigo456

10+ year member
VerTigo456
Fort Worth, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from