15's or 12's?

reclessantics
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SC
Money is an issue, but not to where it will inhibit the performance of the sub setup i choose.

im thinkin 2 15's would be cool, or two 12's.

i would like to run 2 15's because i want it to hit the lower notes and have that deep deep bass that can be heard from far away.

is there a substantial difference in the subs range? 12's vs 15's?

btw the subs im looking at are type r's. for the 15's or 12's

orr is it just bigger subs = much louder? or will they actually hit lows better?

thanks

kyle

whats your budget and what car? How much power?

Btw Just because they are 15"s dont mean they hit low. My 8"s hit the lows //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I just orderd 2 12" type r's yesterday. I would have got the 15's but i didn't have that much cash. The only reason I would have bought 15's is for the extra cone area but I probably dont even have a big enuf trunk for the 15's.

go to onlinecarstereo.com

The type r's there are like 50 bucks cheaper "each" than bestbuy

its an extended cab chevy 1500. i took out the back seat because its just a hassel, and i don't use it that much.

power wise, its just going to depend on what subs i want to pair it with. but so far, im lookin into 2000 max, and im down for anything under that. 1000 watts would be just fine as well. but no more then 2000 watts.

budget wise, probably 600 - 800$ max for subs and amp.

Money is an issue, but not to where it will inhibit the performance of the sub setup i choose.
im thinkin 2 15's would be cool, or two 12's.

i would like to run 2 15's because i want it to hit the lower notes and have that deep deep bass that can be heard from far away.

is there a substantial difference in the subs range? 12's vs 15's?

btw the subs im looking at are type r's. for the 15's or 12's

orr is it just bigger subs = much louder? or will they actually hit lows better?

thanks

kyle
just go inbetween 15s and 12s and go 13.5s

If you have the room, there is no reason not to go bigger. The 15 will be just as responsive as the 12, but with added efficiency and more output potential.

Bigger subs only "get lower" because they can get louder - not just at low frequencies, but across all sub bass frequencies.

yeah size isn't a limit.

so what directly influences bass response, and sub range?

do larger subs (12's, vs 15's vs 18s) hit lower? or are they just louder because of more surf. area?

yeah size isn't a limit.
so what directly influences bass response, and sub range?

do larger subs (12's, vs 15's vs 18s) hit lower? or are they just louder because of more surf. area?
you'll need 8-10 cubes before displacement to do 2 15's ported. you'll lose a large majority of your extended cab. if you care.

hypothetically...

the setups im looking into are

2 type r 12's

2 type r 15's

type x's?

possibly p3's?

what other subs should i look at that are in this type r range? (output and price)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

reclessantics

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
reclessantics
SC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date