15's or 12's?

BTL is a wole different league. The BTL is a bad ass sub. Great at taking alot of power and getting loud. The type R is more of a budget sub (time to face it guys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif ) The SSD is Fi's

entry level sub. RMS is 800w but can take more if needed. Also look into incriminator audio. People run their leathel injection series and locve how low they hit.

yeah id kinda like to step out of the "mainstream" (sold at best buy)

ive been looking into the fi ssd, possibly fi btl.

how about re sx? or anything else re?

how is the fi btl, and fi ssd compared to the alpine type r?

12 and 15 version.

probably more the 15
alpine and FI shouldnt be compared...........//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/slap.gif.87520e8ca8e90076ac30e777c0de5331.gif especially a btl to type r. a btl would murder a type r without effort

yeah id kinda like to step out of the "mainstream" (sold at best buy)ive been looking into the fi ssd, possibly fi btl.

how about re sx? or anything else re?
well welcome from the best buy world. glad ure coming back to earth... a fi btl is a spl sub ure gonna need to feed it atleast 2k rms . you should look into the bl or ssd

maybe im confused but daily is just rockin loud, so durability is what your talking about when they say dailiy subs right?

i mean ill def bump every day, especialy on my 20min ride to class lol

but ill prob only have stuff turned up half way, pos a little more. and every now and then bump loud as hell.

but yeah i don't think i need btl's.

i think 2 15 ssd's would be ok.

what would i used ssd's for?

any info on the bl's?

type r's sound like crap...a friend of mine runs a 15" SSD with only 600 watts in 3 cubes tuned to 35Hz, sounds wayy better than my old type r's and definitely will get louder.

another lame question lol

responsiveness? i don't think i want to get an 18. i guess what im looking into is 2 15's or just 1 single 18. but id think with the 18, the response might suffer.

so now that im totally drawn into fi.... lol

how do ya'll feel about the company? i assume they make really good subs?

ive never really heard much about them except little bits and pieces here and there from ppl.

so now that im totally drawn into fi.... lol
how do ya'll feel about the company? i assume they make really good subs?

ive never really heard much about them except little bits and pieces here and there from ppl.
as a company i think there great when i was looking to upgrade my current setup i spoke with alot of diff company's and FI is the only company that would give quick responses to my questions full detail and patience. very rarely will you ever hear a negative review on FI

look into re audio se.
He wants SPL, not SQ.

shhhh about the SE's

choose fi you will not be dissapointed!!
Fi is definitely a good brand, if you decide to go with the Fi BL or BTL, just know you'd need to toss down way more $ into your electrical system, to power those bad boys.

Frankly 2 SSD's 12"s (5 cubic foot box)

or 2 15"s (8 cubic foot box)

will get mighty loud and take 1500-2000k RMS

A hifonics Bxi1608 (budget amp) would be great on those

Just makes sure you do the big 3 upgrade

And run another battery in the rear. (YT and powermaster are pretty popular)

Or you can do other's like kinetik etc....

Two RE SX's on 2kw would also be //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Also, if you want //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif SPL, look into http://www.DDAudio.com

Choosing between the SSD's and the BL's is really just a matter of how much power you have to work with. If you have at least 2,000 watts to throw at them, the BL's would be a good choice. SSD's would be a better match if you don't want to run that much power.

A pair of either 15's should absolutely slam.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

reclessantics

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
reclessantics
SC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date