166 db calibrated cheapie termlab for DMM's

snoopdan
5,000+ posts

Banned
Louisville, KY
sensorclips2.JPG

I searched this site and didnt find much mention of this, wondered if anyone had any real use on these yet. Might be a fun thing to blow $75 bucks on to try, or even do a comparison test against the Termlab. Maybe someone would like to fork over the cash to demo for us //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

http://www.makeitlouder.com/products_soundmeter.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190071043202&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_RCRX_BIN_IT&refitem=190068378445&itemcount=2&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&usedrule1=CrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

thoughts? comments?

wow, nice find. i think someone needs to put this up against the TL and see if its the real deal. not likely, but you never know. definitely could be a cheap alternative.

I think they've been around for a bit, I just dont believe its been mentioned much...

Most meters that get mentioned are of course,

Termlab

Audiocontrol 180

Goldline 162

Epic 160/or whatever it is this week

Boomsticks

(in order of acceptance in the SPL community)

how far off is the audio control from the TL? the audio control reads higher correct? oh, snoop did you get my PM about the songs?
Audiocontrol can be off around 5 db, also depends on varying age of the unit.

I got your PM, i emailed you one song but I couldnt find the Phil song //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Audiocontrol can be off around 5 db, also depends on varying age of the unit.
I got your PM, i emailed you one song but I couldnt find the Phil song //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
I have actually got metered by one of these before. I dont think it was the exact same thing because it didn't have the suction cups or anything but it was one that you plugged into a DMM.

I think they've been around for a bit, I just dont believe its been mentioned much...
Most meters that get mentioned are of course,

Termlab

Audiocontrol 180

Goldline 162

Epic 160/or whatever it is this week

Boomsticks

(in order of acceptance in the SPL community)
What about the ac 190?

I have actually got metered by one of these before. I dont think it was the exact same thing because it didn't have the suction cups or anything but it was one that you plugged into a DMM.
Well, whatever mic you got the numbers from in your sig., ***** ass.Waaaaaaaaaaay off.I doubt you can do so well street C with a trunk car, kicker l5's, a "regular" ported box, and 1000 watts.

Well, whatever mic you got the numbers from in your sig., ***** ass.Waaaaaaaaaaay off.I doubt you can do so well street C with a trunk car, kicker l5's, a "regular" ported box, and 1000 watts.
I wasn't saying it was the most accurate thing in the world. But I do think its fairly accurate because I got metered with a different meter, not sure what kind when I had my sealed boxes and it showed a 148. Then the one that hooks up to the DMM metered a 147.

What about the ac 190?
AC 190 = Audiocontrol...same difference ... no one still accepts it as a real score.

as for the person who asked why they'd want to meter INSIDE the box? well clearly because its significantly harder to easily test a mic's pressure range when most SPL car's are just in the 150's range,....easier to just put a mic in a box and see what the span / range is.

Still this mic is probably worth at least trying out, but of course will never be taken seriously by anyone, so just save up your beans for a Termlab. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

snoopdan

5,000+ posts
Banned
snoopdan
Louisville, KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date