169db = heart stop?

then let's not make assumption like" whoa dude 170db could like.... kill you or something even though ive never heard it". im not talking about you im talking about the person that started this thread. im mean why even arise the subject again if someone already said that they sat in car that was even louder than 169 and they did not suffer any apparent damage.

series of 5 second burps.. no hearing protection.. just my fingers..

sitting in 170 for extending periods wouldn't be the issue.. finding a vehicle that could maintain 170 for 5 minutes.. there's your problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Loyd L.

Originally posted by bigbassman series of 5 second burps.. no hearing protection.. just my fingers..

sitting in 170 for extending periods wouldn't be the issue.. finding a vehicle that could maintain 170 for 5 minutes.. there's your problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Loyd L.
Very true.. or even 160 for 5 min would be amazing..

D

Originally posted by Bum@home yeah that was really interesting, it would be cool to have a boom box that made people crap there pants, that would be hilarious.

Or spark unrestrained orgies

D

the movement of the speakers prodce compressed airwaves, the shockwave of an explosion for example can knock down buildings of course it can kill you, but I have no idea what kind of decibel range or frequency an explosion would have... think about it.

*clears throat*.. K.. there are too many things to include.. so, I'll recap //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Loyd.. you said 75 Hz.. we are talking MUCH lower.. something like 7 ish.. something that is't audible but has physical force.. has to do with the resonance freq of muscle tissue.. and mentioned something about 55 Hz.. same thing..

Another GOOD point to support this is, if an explosion can cause near by things to fall from the cacussion wave, it stands to reason that WAVES can carry ENOUGH energy to "break" or stop things... depending on what you are talking about.. Flesh is different than concrete.. it's more flexable and has a TOTALLY different resonant freq.. But, you find the freq of whatever, and you can 'theoretically' fukker it up...

The definition of "resonant frequency" is the natural frequncy of the molecular cohesion of an object (roughly translated from memory).. So, you "resonate" an object and you disrupt it's molecular cohesion.. That means it comes apart..

Now, that's different than "stopping a heart" in that you disrupt concrete with pure energy, doesn't have to be resonant, could just be pure energy carried by the "blast".. and at 7 Hz, I doubt you are actaully resonating your organs, but more that at that freq you create a standing wave that counters the muscular action of the heart..

k.. there is NO way to prove this to anyone here until they see for them selves the destructive power of sound waves (light and sound waves actually have mass.. it's measureable.. and transfers energy.. but until you take some physics courses you won't understand that, and therefore can't understand how a "sound" can kill you).. Just like there is NO way to prove we landed on the moon, but most people take it as fact since they heard it as a child in an institution they were told to believe in //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

k.. nuff on this subject too.. sound "can" kill you... I don't recall the specifics of freq or energy, but the bottom line is, don't listen to less than ~15 Hz at more than ~165 dB unless you are ready to meet your maker (or what ever it is that you think is the thing that did all this crap to all of us //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif )

Originally posted by Savant  

Loyd.. you said 75 Hz.. we are talking MUCH lower.. something like 7 ish.. something that is't audible but has physical force.. has to do with the resonance freq of muscle tissue.. and mentioned something about 55 Hz.. same thing..

preaching towards the wrong person.. I kinda sorta know a little about the subject..

was only using those hz levels to give the representation that FREQUENCY matters most importantly in this... much more so than relative db level...

there has been numerous... hundreds.. prehaps thousands of medically driven tests on the affect of ULF on the human body.. everything from testing truck drivers to determine what frequencies causes the ride to be uncomfortable, to the amount of ULF it would take to cause an aminal to defecate...

They've also established that the mechanism of perception of vibration in the head is different from that of the perception of vibratory sensation in the chest and the abdomen. They've established the RF of your colon... your brain.. lungs... eyeball.. etc..

ever heard of Bio-Resonance Sound Theraphy? ULF is used to treat multiple medical disorders..

Used in large enough amounts.. ULF can cause substantial damage..

ever hear of Professor Vladimiar Gavreau?

he did multiple experiments in the 1970s? I believe. His research revealed that low vibrations below the hearing level can create a sort of pendulum action, a reverberation in solid objects that quickly builds up to intolerable levels of intensity.

here's some more insight on it... taken from here: http://www.mediamatic.net/cwolk/view/3505

The sound weapon is so effective because it does not produce its effect through the ear alone. Loud sounds are not only heard through the auditory duct, but also the skull itself functions as a resonance body and in turn transfers the air vibrations to the eardrum. Even higher sound levels and specific frequencies turn the body, with all its membranes around and between the organs, into a sound box. The somatic effect of sound is now also being used in pop music. In this context, Throbbing Gristle observes: If we look into the effects of low-level infra-sound, we find that 7 hz is an unpleasant experience, which leads to nausea and vomiting, that 9 hz can cause epileptic fits and 12 hz spontaneous intestinal movements, that 39-40 causes the pleasant buzz we feel tingling through the body when we listen to good music. With very low levels and long periods of exposure, 3 hz leads to depression, resentment and irritation. The experiment of the French professor Vladimir Gavreau, which was meant to prove that very low, inaudible tones, produced by a super whistle driven by a jet engine, could destroy human organs by vibration, is an operationalistic product of this scientific insight.
finally.. **** you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif for making me think this hard at 4:30 in the morning.. hehhehe

good topic folks.. lets keep it going eh? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Loyd L.

Flesh is different than concrete.. it's more flexable and has a TOTALLY different resonant freq.. But, you find the freq of whatever, and you can 'theoretically' fukker it up...
True but what about human bone and concrete they can't be too differnt. If sound can tear apart concrete, what would it do to your bones? Or would it rattle your skull causing it to vibrate off your brain? .I never took medical or physics so please correct me if I'm wrong

Wow, that article is quite an interesting read! I wonder if the story about the ‘Feraliminal Lycanthropizer’ is true. Now I sure wouldn't mind trying that out! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The effects may be as unsettling as a ghostly vision, as tiring as the pressure created before a storm, or as invigorating as a good night’s sleep.
So THAT's why some people can feel storms coming. Never thought about it, but infrasound can be felt at much longer range than ultrasound, so that makes sense. Just like the Elephants hearing 0.1hz and being scared away from the storms. Or many other animals instinctively hiding before storms. Very interesting stuff. I wonder if this also explains why some people find it so easy to fall asleep with a muted TV on (creating that high-pitched hum)?

There's no doubt that various sound frequencies have strange effects on humans and animals, and I don't doubt that a sufficiently powerful infrasound blast could kill an animal (for example, 170db at 5hz). But killing a human is another question. What frequency does the heart resonate at? And would that frequency carry through flesh, bone, and muscle to reach the heart with enough strength to damage it? I don't question that waves can carry tremendous energy, but this is a debate pertaining to sound waves in particular, and especially the sub-20hz range. This is all quite interesting, nonetheless.

Oh, and Lloyd - you're crazy! I hope you didn't intentionally expose yourself to those db levels!

Originally posted by xjmadness if ur inside ur car at 169 u'll go deaf //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THAT!

Originally posted by awalbert88 Oh, and Lloyd - you're crazy! I hope you didn't intentionally expose yourself to those db levels!
why not? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif it's so much fun........//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif near 160 at 30Hz is cool in loyds car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by awalbert88 So THAT's why some people can feel storms coming. Never thought about it, but infrasound can be felt at much longer range than ultrasound, so that makes sense. Just like the Elephants hearing 0.1hz and being scared away from the storms. Or many other animals instinctively hiding before storms. Very interesting stuff. I wonder if this also explains why some people find it so easy to fall asleep with a muted TV on (creating that high-pitched hum)?
I've not read the article yet (I will) but one thing to consider is that 'pressure fronts' associated with storms can change the atmospheric pressure which causes (relatively) rapid changes in the pressure on your body.. fluids/bones/etc.. I'm sure you've heard someone say something like "the bum leg is acting up, storm must be comming"?.. bone trauma/authritis is usually sensative to these changes..

There's no doubt that various sound frequencies have strange effects on humans and animals, and I don't doubt that a sufficiently powerful infrasound blast could kill an animal (for example, 170db at 5hz). But killing a human is another question.
The flaw in your thinking is that humans aren't animals //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif We are.. so if you are sure sound can kill animals, then be sure it can kill humans..

What frequency does the heart resonate at? And would that frequency carry through flesh, bone, and muscle to reach the heart with enough strength to damage it? I don't question that waves can carry tremendous energy, but this is a debate pertaining to sound waves in particular, and especially the sub-20hz range. This is all quite interesting, nonetheless. 

Oh, and Lloyd - you're crazy! I hope you didn't intentionally expose yourself to those db levels!
Like I said, not sure stopping the heart is about the resonant freq., it's about a standing wave that creates enough pressure to prevent the heart from moving (just my thought though, not posative).. And, again.. this talk is generic to all waves (to a degree).. so yes, a wave at say, 1 Hz, can pass all the way through your body.. might even do it at 'low' energy levels, but it won't have an effect on you until the energy is sufficiently increased.. does that make sense? It's like radio waves passing through you all day long and not (supposedly) doing anything to you.. but you stand on top of the tower while it's broadcasting and I bet something will happen //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Originally posted by jester73440 True but what about human bone and concrete they can't be too differnt. If sound can tear apart concrete, what would it do to your bones? Or would it rattle your skull causing it to vibrate off your brain? .I never took medical or physics so please correct me if I'm wrong
Actually, bone is TOTALLY different than concrete.. Bone is hollow, for one (not entirely, it has marrow in it.. thick like meat).. It's also very porus and has a pretty low density.. compared to concrete..

Your bones, I would think, would break apart with less energy than is needed to break concrete.. As for your brain vibrating out of your skull? Not unless your skull breaks open //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

OH, and Loyd.. I wasn't trying to "preach" to you, I know you know your stuff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I was just using your example to let others know that it's not just dB, it's freq.. I was getting the feeling that some were thinking that if you were in 170+ cars and didn't die that you won't die from sound.. I was just trying to re-emphasize the pertinence of freq.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And, it was 2am and I had just gotten home from the bar //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.