1985 civic

Participant count
  • Participant list

bannock
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
hey guys. my woman's mom has a 85 civic that she wants me to get running and out of her garage. it was put in there about 5 years ago with nothing wrong with it. i drained the gas and put new gas in it, and can get it to start for about 30 seconds - 1 min when i put gas in the carb but then it dies, did it plenty of times to let anything cycle though. any other things i should be looking at?

to just get it to run, check ignition fuel and air/fuel mixture. Odds are it will be tough at first. play with the choke without putting fuel in the carb.

It has varnish throughout the fuel system. The reason it dies after a minute is because the carb is all gunked up inside. Replace the fuel filter to start with, also check the plugs, and so on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.