2 Alpine Type X's or 4 Type R's???

DoubleR
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Just wondering what you guys would suggest 2 12" Type X's or 4 10" Alpine Type R's???X's would be ported and R's sealed. Both running off a PA a3000db 2300watts. Any help would be appreciated. I listen to mostly rap with the occasional disturbed, system of a down, hatebreed **** like that.

I would go with the 4 Type R's, but go ported. That would get loud as HELL and should still sound pretty good, if you built a decent box.
I cant go ported dont have enough room, I would If I could.

I used to have 4 type r 12"s (swr-1241d) they were 300 watts RMs a piece, but killed my alternator. I couldn't run them unless I wanted to upgrade it so I turned them off =/. (didn't have money for a new alt.) Also took up my entire trunk, making it impossible to change a tire with my spare.

But it hit hard!

So you think 4 and that pa amp would get loud and sound good? Its going in the back of an SUV so you know what kind of car.

I was running two 12 R`s sealed and i thought it sounded pretty nice.And why stay away from the X`s?i`ve got a 12 sealed and i just love it,gets nice n loud and sounds very good while doing it.

Depends on what you are looking to get out of the system bud. I've had 4 12" Type R's, and now have 2 12" Type X's. Why give my opinion/experence though, everyone else here know's everything right?

i have 1 12" type x and it kicks ass... Very clear deep and loud bass, running on one alpine 1000 watt amp. i hope to save up and get another. plus you'll have a little bit of trunk left with 2 x's. don't know why others say type x *****.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.