2 amps????

Participant count
  • Participant list

TheDem6n
10+ year member

I'm not sure how to go about this:confused: ! Currently i have a Pioneer P80MP, sub and a American Pro amp (2chanel 600w max) and all works very well, i just bought a set of pioneer components for the front and pioneer 2 way for the back and a gbl 75.4 (4chanel) amp! How do i go about connecting a second amp???? Got an 8gauge power cable at the moment, was gonna get a power cap but there is a myth that they dont work so what shoul i do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif ?

New power cable? Distribution blocks fused not fused have no idea:confused: !

So please help!

p.s havent got allot of money to spend and want the easiest solution possible!

4awg cable feeding from the battery (fused near the battery so you'll want a fuseholder for 4awg cable as well) going into a distro block that accepts a 4awg input and has either 4awg or 8awg outputs.

From the output side of the distro block you'll route power cable to your two amps.

Easy as pie //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

what are the ratings on the amp best bet is to uprade ur power wire to a fused distro block to ur amps. one main ground to a good ground location to a gorund distro. block and to ur amps.

the current power cable is fused near the battery, so same thing again with a 4awg cable and fused block for power cable and non fused for the earth! is that rite guys?

the current power cable is fused near the battery, so same thing again with a 4awg cable and fused block for power cable and non fused for the earth! is that rite guys?
Correct. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

There is no need for fusing on the ground (earth) connection(s).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.