2 channel amp 1 dvc sub hookup

jaydog13

do i need to use all four speaker inputs ++ and -- on my amp when hooking up my dvc sub to a 2 channel amp or can i use just one+ and one - input/ one + for the right channel and one - for the left channel. I dont want to bridge my amp and my amp shows left + and right - are used for bridging. The diagrams iv'e seen just show one - and one + on the amp no matter how many subs are hooked up.

I have a phoenix gold xs2500 2 channel amp that can handle 2 ohm bridged or 1 ohm stereo. Also I have a jl audio 12w6 dvc sub i want to hook up. Ive looked over the web and seen that i can run it at 3 ohm. That is what i would like to do. I understand how to wire the sub, but not the amp. I just can't figure out how the sub is wired to the amp. I'm not sure if getting the 3 ohms means bridging the amp, which is left positive, right negative on my amp. If I'm not supposed to bridge the amp to get a 3 ohm load, how do i connect the wires to the amp- using a positive and negative from one channel or using a positive from one channel and a negative from the other channel or using both positive and negative from both channels to the voice coils. I'm lost please help!

Thanks in advance for any help!

how many oms is your sub if 4oms i would hook both + from the sub to the briged + on the amp

and both - from the sub to the - briged side of the amp

DO NOT HOOK THE + AND - FROME ONE SIDE OF THE SUB TO THE LEFT SIDE OF THE AMP

AND THE OTHER + AND - FROM THE SUB TO THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE AMP IF IT IS HITING

IN STERO IT (WILL) BLOW YOUR SPEAKER.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.