Connecting more than four speakers to four channel amp.

Participant count
  • Participant list

David Simm

CarAudio.com Newbie
It has been many years since I had after market sound in my car, way back when it was just basic front, rear and a sub. Since that time I have been in a car with pretty good but not amazing sound and it does not have a modern infotainment system which is what I am upgrading to. The car comes with factory dash mounted tweeters, a centre speaker and front , rear door speakers.
I plan to add a sub and amplify the whole system but I am not sure how connecting the factory speakers to the amp would work since I have five speakers plus tweeters. I have not bought an amplifier yet.
Doesn't help that there are no proffesional installers where I live so it is a do it yourself deal.
Any advice you guys have would be great and thank you.

I would forget about the factory speakers. Depending on budget, get uourself a good sounding no frills decent HU olike the Sony 4000(?) series, replace all the spekers with comps in the front, coaxial in the rear, a dual 12" DVC sub/box and a decent 5 channel amplifier, good to go!

Better to list the year, make and model (trim) of the car and the budget for everything for people to really chime in. Most of are pretty knowledgeable at a whole system when we know the car, the objective and the budget. Most of us in here have done few. ;)

What vehicle? Whats the Budget? Maybe a single amplifier such as a 5 ch? Or room for a decent 4 ch and sub amp?Willing to change the existing HU or keeping the Stock?

It is Opel (Vauxhall) Astra J 2011 model, I change the HU to Kirinavi 10 inch screen. The factory speakers are Infinity and would have come with a sub already installed if I was living in the UK, but in my country that is deleted in favour of having a spare tire due to the horrific condition of our roads.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...