2 on ohm mids or components

Participant count
  • Participant list

sam_b03
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a 2015 jeep grand Cherokee with the Alpine 506 watt 9 speaker system. It's pretty sub part sojnding. The front doors are 6x9's, rear doors are 6.5's1 in tweets in the A pillars, and a 3.5 center. It has 8in sub and 2 2.5 int rrar pillars (not worried about them). The factory amp has a 30 amp fuse and loons large enough that it could be pushing 500 rms. The doors and sub are 2 ohm.

My question is I'm looking for decent speakers to swap. I have some PHD AF1.CTW'S that I really like. My question is I do try to pick up some (1)used Focal K2 woofers off eBay and use adapter for the 6x9 hole in the front doors possible get a set and use the tweets . (2)used K2 in the rear doors focal coaxial 6x9 (3) cdt ES woofers. On the Jeep forums everyone recommends focal 165's and a Polk 3.5 coaxial center makes a huge difference. I'm open to suggestions. I'm mostly looking for a clean sound. I want to stick to an efficient 90+dB sensitive and 2 ohm speaker. I would prefer to use a 6x9 up front for the added cone area. The sub is pretty weak. the 3.5 is 4ohm and pretty much a full range speaker. I have read conflicting specs on the doors being crossed over at 2500hz to them being full range once over half volume.

Once I see how this works somebody posted about replacing and fiberglass in a helix 10in sub in the factory box with good results. I'm not looking for a stopper just something that sounds good. I'm much more Sq driven then loud. Thanks

I think I have about 70 watt rms at 2ohm to the doors.
Part of achieving clean clear sound is better speakers + better, greater power to them. An amplifier with a 30 amp fuse might be capable of producing 500 watts for a second with greater distortion, but normally we're looking at roughly 10 amps of current for each 100 watts.

It gets loud enough for me as is. Volume isn't the problem for me. The midst are muddy and what bass it has is boomy. Most times the volume is 12-18 of 30. I think the high quality speakers and a little raammat or the like will help tighten up the sound.

It gets loud enough for me as is. Volume isn't the problem for me. The midst are muddy and what bass it has is boomy. Most times the volume is 12-18 of 30. I think the high quality speakers and a little raammat or the like will help tighten up the sound.
It sounds like you want to do the front woofers, the tweeters, the center dash, and do something about the bass without taking away cargo space. Is that correct?

Basically yes. Sub is on back burner. Gonna,see how it sounds after the mids, tweets, and center are changed out. I wanna change out rear door 6.5 as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.