2010 Camaro 2SS / JBL 660GTI's, JBL W10GTI MkII's

my 660gti's will be here on tuesday and should be in the shop that day or wed. hope to have pics for you next weekend! :)
im pumped.. never spent +/- $5k on a sound system before.

Those JBL 660gti's won the EISA (European Imaging and Sound Award) which is a much coveted award in Europe, surpassing

the performance of last year's winning Morel system and the Focal Utopia series.

PUMPED to see how they sound..

PS. I probably hate your car too WorstEnemy453 :)
Meh, I drive an 89 F150. I just hate this whole retro new car thing. The camaro is shitty, the mustang is shitty, the charger is a huge fail and the challenger is shitty.

So you spent $5,000 and ended up with some comps and 2 10s on the stock radio?
Pretty mcuh.

yes i will retain the factory head unit. I will have the MS-8 installed the minute it ships... and that crappy factory head unit will sound better than most all if not all of the aftermarket units out there.
Wrong. First, running amps with a factory headunit will most likely cause noise issues that you wont be able to get rid of, second. An aftermarket radio will have better tuning options most of the time, and third, the aftermarket radio would make things a whole lot simpler. But you dont know what your doing so its ok, this board will be here to help when you run into problems.

There seems to be a lot of haters in here...I think the car is badass. Yes, you did pay a lot for the gear. I have 2 of the JBL GTO1004's and I had a GTO14001 before I sold it all for under $500. The GTI's I heard are pretty good but you might be expecting too much out of them although the MS-8 should still make your system sound pretty good. For those that are on here and don't believe the MS-8 will help out maybe you should do some research on the unit first, it's supposed to blow the H701 and Audison Bitone out of the water. However, hopefully it doesn't have any problems right out of the gate like usually seems to happen with nice processors.

Nice car and looking forward to seeing how everything turns out, especially the sub box because a friend of mine has a new one too and wants to put a sub and amp in.

yes i will retain the factory head unit. I will have the MS-8 installed the minute it ships... and that crappy factory head unit will sound better than most all if not all of the aftermarket units out there.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif:confused://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif:confused://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif:confused://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

why did any of us buy aftermarket headunits??

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif:crap://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I will say that an aftermarket headunit with the MS-8 will sound better most likely.. but you all should google and read up on it. its going to be one of the best pieces to hit the car audio market in years.

PS. worst enemy..

Gary Biggs is assisting the Car Toys team in Tulsa with my install? Do you really think he will have problems?

Come On....

also if you do your research on this 2010 camaro factory head unit it runs really nice flat signals.. it will do quite nicely with the MS-8..

Use your google feature.

I think what a lot of you don't realize is how integrated the factory radio is in the new Camaro. The navigation, some of the climate controls, etc are somewhat integrated into the same space. While I'm sure the systems themselves are distinct and separate, the controls are all mixed into one neat and organized area which would definitely looked hacked if torn apart for an aftermarket radio.

While I do agree that $5k sounds a bit high for the gear you're getting, I at least agree with the direction you're going with the MS-8 for factory integration with update speakers and subs. I think it will best preserve the look of the interior. Let us know how it comes out and maybe you can elaborate on all the controls in the radio area; it's been a while since I saw the interior of the new Camaro up close enough to name everything off.

BTW: I think it's a sweet car.

Meh, I drive an 89 F150. I just hate this whole retro new car thing. The camaro is shitty, the mustang is shitty, the charger is a huge fail and the challenger is shitty.

Pretty mcuh.

Wrong. First, running amps with a factory headunit will most likely cause noise issues that you wont be able to get rid of, second. An aftermarket radio will have better tuning options most of the time, and third, the aftermarket radio would make things a whole lot simpler. But you dont know what your doing so its ok, this board will be here to help when you run into problems.
Only cheap factory units do that, my mark levinson headunit is crystal clear

I think what a lot of you don't realize is how integrated the factory radio is in the new Camaro. The navigation, some of the climate controls, etc are somewhat integrated into the same space. While I'm sure the systems themselves are distinct and separate, the controls are all mixed into one neat and organized area which would definitely looked hacked if torn apart for an aftermarket radio.
While I do agree that $5k sounds a bit high for the gear you're getting, I at least agree with the direction you're going with the MS-8 for factory integration with update speakers and subs. I think it will best preserve the look of the interior. Let us know how it comes out and maybe you can elaborate on all the controls in the radio area; it's been a while since I saw the interior of the new Camaro up close enough to name everything off.

BTW: I think it's a sweet car.
P9281085-1.jpg

PS. worst enemy..
Gary Biggs is assisting the Car Toys team in Tulsa with my install? Do you really think he will have problems?

Come On....

also if you do your research on this 2010 camaro factory head unit it runs really nice flat signals.. it will do quite nicely with the MS-8..

Use your google feature.
I tried not to hate in this thread, because you're a noob, but there is NO denying the other two points he made in his post. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

That Dash kit is $1800.00 from ltlaudio on camaro5.com he hand builds them and has the brain of the factory headunit built into a small metal box with its own LCD that has to be in an accesible place if you are to adjust many features like, headlights on/off when unlocked, horn when locked, bluetooth pairing, device pairing, all of the fuel parameters, onstar, GPS, Voice control, etc.

its a huge amount of money for a "dash kit" looks pretty sweet but isnt worth .25 versus keeping the factory headunit with an MS-8.

I may be a noob to the site. Not a noob to sound.

You all also dont realize, all this equipment would be expensive if it was just for the equipment. You must wait to see pictures of the final install and the detail being put into this.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

No reason to be a hater..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.