4 18" konaki's 16k soundigital.

something to try is to take all grounds away and run grounds from battery to battery. and maybe one from front bat to frame and thats it. or grounding the rcas.
i had whine in the crx with a kenwood deck, and i put in an old Rockfordfosgate HU and it went away.

i swear i hate engine whine... makes me not even enjoy that big azz amp yet.

got rid of it completely, then hooked up the Sd16k and "whoop there it is"

[quote=sub2weeker;6860907

I'm gonna meter em and see what 16 mids and 16 tweeters meter.

Are you serious?

SPL = Sound Pressure Level. Not much pressure made from the higher freq.

something to try is to take all grounds away and run grounds from battery to battery. and maybe one from front bat to frame and thats it. or grounding the rcas.
Not needed. Rear battery grounded to the chasis like a seat bolt or seatbelt bolt.

Not needed. Rear battery grounded to the chasis like a seat bolt or seatbelt bolt.
huh? thats like an incomplete sentence. lol. there are a lot of things grounded to the chassis which could create grounding issues. bat to bat is the best way. maybe try it and see what you gain.

i have to do something with the engine whine. i was thinking that since the metal backing isnt on it might be inducing a signal into the rcas.

and i'm just metering the mids for fun... they are rediculously loud. and crisp sounding.

running off of 2 1000W 4 ch Mb Quart amps.

I don't think the term lab is even going to pick up that frequency, unless james has that mod to it, which I don't think he does //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I don't think the term lab is even going to pick up that frequency, unless james has that mod to it, which I don't think he does //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
so my mids and highs dont emit SPL huh? i'll say they do about a 130. and we shall see....

so my mids and highs dont emit SPL huh? i'll say they do about a 130. and we shall see....
you still stuck on the tl adding the mids and sub stage together for a final score? So youll be louder with the subs and mids, instead of just with the subs?

The TL only picks up pressure up to 80hz. If you have an Audiocontrol AC-190 you can meter the highs (They use it for one of the rounds in Bassboxing). But the TL wont pick up the highs.

What galacticmonkey said. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif I bet your at a 125. 130+ on mids and highs isn't even bearable. . . .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

sub-FATHER

10+ year member
Resurecting this sport
sub-FATHER
denver, CO.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date