4 18s in a wall, 94 astro

yeah me too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif he knows that it is the best meter out there I think he was huffing paint fumes
you've been to my shop, and yes... there are many fumes, i perfer the glue tho.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

how is it inaccurate? It isn't made to read the frequencies you so desperately wish it would read and also like others have said your highs are not going to add anything to your overall score. Any spl meter is going to find your maximum spl at one frequency only. Its not like they average the entire sub bass region.If you actually found a meter that averaged your spl over the entire range of human hearing you'd be heartbroken. The loudest reading your are going to see is in the sub bass region period and that is what the TL is made to measure

how is it inaccurate? It isn't made to read the frequencies you so desperately wish it would read and also like others have said your highs are not going to add anything to your overall score. Any spl meter is going to find your maximum spl at one frequency only. Its not like they average the entire sub bass region.If you actually found a meter that averaged your spl over the entire range of human hearing you'd be heartbroken. The loudest reading your are going to see is in the sub bass region period and that is what the TL is made to measure
ok! so i have this theory, based on reality.

YOU...have this = if you have an audible sound regardless of the frequency, at 130db, then you have ANOTHER AUDIBLE sound right next to it producing another 130 db at a different frequency. your gonna have a combination of 130 + 130 being read by a meter. which will according to you and the way the termlab is designed, only read 130db because only 1 of the frequencies can be pulled out and metered.

when in actuality you will have the combination of the two sounds creating an even louder audible SPL. SOUND PRESSURE LEVEL...

YOU DONT AGREE?

Sound is required by the law of physics to ADD UP, just like adding any other measureable propertys.

i guess measuring a 1/2in and 3/4 inch gives you a 3/4 because 3/4 is bigger?

or a gallon of milk + a gallon of water = a gallon of milk because the milk is dense?.

a harley drives by with screaming ass pipes and bus roars by, oh,i didnt even hear that harley because the bus was so loud.

perhaps you should become an audio engineer because you appear to know more than everyone else in the universe. I would venture to guess that if what your saying is true and actually made some real measureable amount of difference that somebody would already be producing a meter that measured the spl of the entire audio spectrum. At the same time its probably a better bet that it wouldn't truly make any difference and thats why we don't have a meter that measures that way. Thats all i'm adding as it is clearly useless trying to reason with you. If you believe that it is really going to make a difference by adding the spl of your highs in along with your bass then make the meter and become rich and prove us all wrong but in the meantime quit arguing with everybody.

perhaps you should become an audio engineer because you appear to know more than everyone else in the universe. I would venture to guess that if what your saying is true and actually made some real measureable amount of difference that somebody would already be producing a meter that measured the spl of the entire audio spectrum. At the same time its probably a better bet that it wouldn't truly make any difference and thats why we don't have a meter that measures that way. Thats all i'm adding as it is clearly useless trying to reason with you. If you believe that it is really going to make a difference by adding the spl of your highs in along with your bass then make the meter and become rich and prove us all wrong but in the meantime quit arguing with everybody.
WHOOOOOA:eek: THIS IS MY BUILD LOG:wow:

AND im not arguing, just stating the facts about accuracy and pointing out the faults of "An ELECTRICAL DEVICE" i guess we will keep the term lab forever because "NO ONE will ever figure out how to add two frequencies together and come up with an accurate number."

tell that to tesla when he invented AC and replaced DC as the main power source.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

There is some of the stupidest logic in here concerning fuses. Not using a fuse daily is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. When you're sitting still at a comp, then fine.

ok! so i have this theory, based on reality. YOU...have this = if you have an audible sound regardless of the frequency, at 130db, then you have ANOTHER AUDIBLE sound right next to it producing another 130 db at a different frequency. your gonna have a combination of 130 + 130 being read by a meter. which will according to you and the way the termlab is designed, only read 130db because only 1 of the frequencies can be pulled out and metered.

when in actuality you will have the combination of the two sounds creating an even louder audible SPL. SOUND PRESSURE LEVEL...

YOU DONT AGREE?
That isn't how it works, my friend. 130db at 30hz from your subs and 130db at 1000hz from your midrange horns won't sum to be a greater output than 130. If your theory was correct, then when you meter this, it should meter over 130 db. It won't. A SPL meter does not register an aggregate SPL level, rather, they are either frequency specific or weighted such as dBA. dBA is a more accurate measure of SPL for daily use because it weights different frequencies that are perceived to be louder to the human ear. A straight dB meter which is what the TL is does not do that because you're only interested in the bass frequencies and as such, all you'll be metering is 130db.

There is some of the stupidest logic in here concerning fuses. Not using a fuse daily is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. When you're sitting still at a comp, then fine.
I have never ran fuses.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif And I have never had a problem. If you install correctly than there is little chance of a short. That said I ALWAYS do other peoples installs with proper fusing...

That isn't how it works, my friend. 130db at 30hz from your subs and 130db at 1000hz from your midrange horns won't sum to be a greater output than 130. If your theory was correct, then when you meter this, it should meter over 130 db. It won't. A SPL meter does not register an aggregate SPL level, rather, they are either frequency specific or weighted such as dBA. dBA is a more accurate measure of SPL for daily use because it weights different frequencies that are perceived to be louder to the human ear. A straight dB meter which is what the TL is does not do that because you're only interested in the bass frequencies and as such, all you'll be metering is 130db.
and what kinda degree do you have?, did you even graduate? or are u a mindless puppet, A gelatinous tape worm? a sicofante that follows the crowd to be cool. dont pop in without any evidence or theory to back it up.

when the termlab is all that there is around. thats what you use. dont mean i still dont i think its innacurate, its just consistant from one to the other. its not my fault people cant opperate a complicated piece of equipment like the AC and have it set up accurately.
i am however impressed that nasa wants the space shuttle metered on take off with it. but thats gonna be one tone (LOUD)
the ac might be a complicated pos but the fact is they have to be repaired all the time and have to be calibrated all the time too.

now say you have 1 12" doing a 145db you will not gain spl from mids and highs. now if you had a mid hooked to a 1000 watts playing 45hrtz you might gain a tenth but then it wouldent be a mid would it

how do you figure it's not accurate? and if all org's are using it then it doesn't matter as everyone is on the same playing field...

AC190 at a show over the summer was only reading about .1db higher then the TL, so they can be very close. Not sure if that model suffers from consistency issues though...

how do you figure it's not accurate? and if all org's are using it then it doesn't matter as everyone is on the same playing field...
AC190 at a show over the summer was only reading about .1db higher then the TL, so they can be very close. Not sure if that model suffers from consistency issues though...
I dont like it because it's just a twist of the wrist to give or take 10db. Ive lost to people with a 1000 watt amp and 1 12 in a sealed box by 5 db because the guy forgot to turn the meter down before he went through.I will say that most the problems that come from the AC is the judges fault

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.